How not to spill all the oil?

Reaction score
Visit site

Flyinace1

Reaction score
Visit site
fyi - they are available at most AutoZone stores. I picked one up today for $3.20 ..Perfect pan for this bike :thumbup:

Thanx for the heads up, and everyones advice, hopefully next time I'll end up with the oil in the pan and not on the floor :thumbup:

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the size of the funnel opening, it's the seal created around the top of the used oil container.

For quick funneling use one hand to lift up the funnel half a centimeter so the air can escape from the container as it's being displaced by the used oil.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the size of the funnel opening, it's the seal created around the top of the used oil container.

For quick funneling use one hand to lift up the funnel half a centimeter so the air can escape from the container as it's being displaced by the used oil.

Fwiw: a strand of #14 copper wire bent into a J so it doesnt fall in or out frees up a hand. Just drop it in the neck of the container and toss the funnel in...

Also, cereal boxes cut to shape work great for dodging the stands. They're coated andstable once bent on the sides... Maybe i said that already... Ha!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

+1 ^^^ but I use a wire coat hanger (short piece, maybe 5") bent at a sharp angle and the very short end (1" maybe) holds the funnel away when filling the "haul away container" to prevent the "sealing effect".

Also +1 on the aluminum foil over the header.

A decent sized piece of card board (or news paper) UNDER your catch pan makes clean up MUCH easier for any splatter too.:thumbup: