Hyperlites

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After having a combo, 16 LED, "running/brake light" on my FZ6 (and the bike before it) (its at least 6 years old), I noticed twice in two weeks, that when the brake was applied, it WASN'T flashing normally, and was considerably not nearly as bright.

I contacted Hyperlites (4-20-13) via phone (on a Saturday yet) and notified them of the situation. Without question, the gentleman I was speaking with had my address and was shipping me a new control module. I was never asked about the age of the unit, receipts, etc.

I recieved a new control module today (4-25-13) and installed it. They even included a PRE-PAID label to ship the failing unit back.

I always had their product on ANY BIKE I'VE OWNED, but have never had to return (or had an issue with). Needless to say, its very nice to see a company back its product, 100%, No QUESTIONS asked...

Highly recommended!!!

Just above the tag:

Last edited:

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Would you share a link of the product you are using and or add some pics on your bike? That would be sweet!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you share a link of the product you are using and or add some pics on your bike? That would be sweet!

Hyperlites main site: Hyperlites Flashing LED Motorcycle brake lights, Running Lights and Turn Signal,

The universal, combo kit(running and flashing brake light, 16 LED: Hyperlites Flashing led motorcycle brake lights, runing lights, and turn signals, Standard Dual Function

The 16 LED is just above my tag, I moved the rear reflector up some just to clear everything.

The "running" LED is highly recommended as the FZ6 has only ONE tail light.. Should the bulb fail, your just about invisable at night. The LED, in running mode is probably 3 x brighter than the stock bulb.

Last edited:

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
awesome thanks for the info!! One thing I worry about is being seen at night, having a black bike and black gear(helemt has white on it) I am practically a ninja at night. More visability the better....well to a point.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have the 16 pod brake/running lights. I've had mine for about six, maybe seven years. My first set went defective after a few months. Same result, called and they shipped me a new pair with a return label for the core. Simple as that.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They look good, but over 90 bucks for a secondary tail light makes me pause. Anyone selling their old ones with running light function? :D

My set, (the second link) is $75.00. For as well as they work, the additional tail light, WAY MORE VISABILITY with the brakes applied AND APPARENTLY A LIFETIME WARRANTY, its a no brainer for me..

Note, my friend had the double (2 16 LEDs) combo set up on his old bike. IMHO, they worked so well it was, IMHO, too bright and annoying. The single set up works great as its is.

I had a on all three bikes (at one point), one bike got sold with them, one didn't. That set, got put on the rear of my SUV!

Thinking about the age of them, I had a set on both my 2004 FJR and 2004 Goldwing and 2005 KLR 250, so their about 9 years old..

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the dual 8 LED units for my rear and wouldn't be without them. They work great, People see me breaking. Great product! :thumbup:

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Another satisfied customer of Hyperlites. Recently contacted them because of controller failure after 2.5 years. They sent an entire new kit as replacement. I've had these mounted on my last three bikes and always recommend them to anyone that asks where I got them. Outstanding customer service and tech support.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any info on installation procedure? Is it just plug and play or is there any splicing ect involved? Just came across these and its seems like an very important piece of gear. I was thinking just the basic rear brake light only kit.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the brake light kit for 4 years (8 led per side). They are great. I have had a couple fail and they replace the unit with no questions asked.

For installation you will need to tap into your brake light wires located under the pod on the left side of the bike. they give connectors that allow tap into without any splicing or soldering but since I like soldering so much I soldered them anyway. it's a pretty easy install and from what I remember they give decent instructions

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Plus 1 ^^^^.

They connect under the left pod and use "Posi Taps" which easily /simply just pokes thru the wire. Very simple to install and maybe twice as bright as the OEM bulb. I would get the flashing brake light too...

For running lights only, two wires(one +, one -). For running/brake, 3 wires- an additional + wire. There is a very small "controller"(1.25" x .5" with sticky tape that'll attach under the pod. I only wanted one light assembly and made a bracket (aluminum) that bolts under the tag, and gives a place to stick the LED.

Posi taps:
Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap

Last edited: