Hyperpro Upgrade

D

Dave.TX

Hey all (or howdy y'all as they say in Texas),

As some know I purchased my bike two weeks ago on Sept 1st and found out it had a lowered 30mm Hyperpro rear spring installed. The previous owner was a lady and I assume it was so she could reach the ground easier. Well, this lowered spring doesn't help me any as I'm 6'4". Also the stock front springs are setup from the factory for a 150lb person (so I've heard) and I'm just over 200lbs.

So I go online and order the Hyperpro Combi which includes the front and rear springs along with fork oil. I get a message today that they're out of stock and manufacturing says 4-5 weeks. That puts it in late October.

I'm bummed but know there aren't many options for our suspension (for just $300) besides Hyperpro and Race Tech. I'd rather go with the progressive springs because of my sport/touring riding style.

I will eventually sell the lowered spring when it's removed as I don't want it. I don't know how long it's been on the bike, it has 7,000 miles on it now and she was the 2nd owner (I'm the 3rd). If anyone wants it and can send me a stock spring I'd consider that since in the meantime I want to raise the rear back up.

This thread will have updates when the new springs do come in so stay tuned...