I rode an FZ1 today!

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Had a very enjoyable day on an FZ1 today while my FZ6 was in for some warranty work. Is anyone else thinking about going for the FZ1 further down the line?

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a very enjoyable day on an FZ1 today while my FZ6 was in for some warranty work. Is anyone else thinking about going for the FZ1 further down the line?

Quite a few of us here have jumped that fence already! And we LOVE IT!!
What's not to like.....the FZ1 has more power & I found it not as buzzy. And it was easier to lower.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I liked it so much I bought one. :thumbup:

It does everything the FZ6 does but better.

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the plunge 3 weeks ago! Bought an 07 FZ1. Wow! What a monster. My 08 FZ6 is stock and one fine motorcycle. The FZ1 came with an Akropovic CFSO, PCIII, Puig Touring screen, Givi V35 cases, and a Corbin Seat. It runs a LOT stronger than the 6. However, I don't feel the two are really much alike. Both are excellent in their own ways. The 1 is wider, the seat is shaped completely different (kinda pushes you towards the tank), the stock handle bar feels nothing like the 6, first gear is rather tall, and torque comes on at lower rpms. From my early experience with the 1 I would say that a prospective buyer shouldn't look at the 1 like a 6 on steroids.

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
It just blew me away in every respect! I've only ever ridden the training bikes (CG125, ER-5), brief go on a Versys and the FZ6 so this was my first go on a litre bike.

The brakes had a great feel to them, felt strong, sharp and progressive.

First gear? Whooo! You can buzz around town centres in first without sounding like a complete idiot and the delivery felt much much smoother than the FZ6. Plus, it went like stink to legal limits and beyond! I took it for a run around some local twisties and the torque blew me away, a little twist and a clean safe overtake was done.

Sound from the exhaust, a lovely burble which I really wish my FZ6 had (I know ... an aftermarket can will sort that!), plus my wife said it sounded great when I pulled up in our carpark.

Seat was less comfy than the FZ6 but looks awesome, I'm sure an aftermarket one would cure that.

I've got the bug ... I've been bitten by the 2010 strain of FZ1!

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
It just blew me away in every respect! I've only ever ridden the training bikes (CG125, ER-5), brief go on a Versys and the FZ6 so this was my first go on a litre bike.

The brakes had a great feel to them, felt strong, sharp and progressive.

First gear? Whooo! You can buzz around town centres in first without sounding like a complete idiot and the delivery felt much much smoother than the FZ6. Plus, it went like stink to legal limits and beyond! I took it for a run around some local twisties and the torque blew me away, a little twist and a clean safe overtake was done.

Sound from the exhaust, a lovely burble which I really wish my FZ6 had (I know ... an aftermarket can will sort that!), plus my wife said it sounded great when I pulled up in our carpark.

Seat was less comfy than the FZ6 but looks awesome, I'm sure an aftermarket one would cure that.

I've got the bug ... I've been bitten by the 2010 strain of FZ1!

Not so sure about the "aftermarket seat" thing. I have a Corbin seat on my FZ1 and I would posit that is it not really any more comfortable than the stock seat on my 08 FZ6. FWIW!