Ignition advance for FZ6 in US?

dbekoscke

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any idea where I might be able to order an ignition advance rotor for my 2008 FZ6 to ship to or within the US?

This one is from the UK. He doesn't ship to US

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
He must have changed his shipping policy. That’s who I (and others in the forum) bought from. COVID related?

Keep looking, maybe you’ll find another seller. I may end up removing mine soon and can sell to you cheap. Contemplating pulling the trigger on a Tracer900. If so I’ll return the FZ6 to stock before listing.

dbekoscke

Reaction score
Visit site
He must have changed his shipping policy. That’s who I (and others in the forum) bought from. COVID related?

Keep looking, maybe you’ll find another seller. I may end up removing mine soon and can sell to you cheap. Contemplating pulling the trigger on a Tracer900. If so I’ll return the FZ6 to stock before listing.

Yeah, PM me if you do, I'd be very interested!

I'm planning on starting to upgrade some things... Mostly performance wise. Have you noticed quite a difference with the 4 degree ignition advance?

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe so, been riding with it this way for awhile so can’t really be sure what’s real and what’s in my head.
Throttle snatch was reduced, and it pulls more linearly, especially in 3rd and 4th gears. I’ll have to reinstall the OEM and go for a spin to really see the difference though!

D1ck3y0da

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen mods where people file down one side of the ignition rotor to "advance" timing and plan on doing the same ver soon. You don't need much to do it, a caliper that reads to thousands of an inch, fab up a tool to hold rotor in place when removing and reinstalling and gasket makes or new gasket. I seen a video on YouTube about a guy doing it and explaining how it works and all that then found it in forms. When I get home ill see if I can find it again and post a link. I'm in USA as well can couldn't find a seller. But everyone says the gains a amazing for such a cheap mod. Only this is you'll have to run premium fuel and a fuel controller is also recommended. In hotter climates colder plugs as well to avoid knock

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen mods where people file down one side of the ignition rotor to "advance" timing and plan on doing the same ver soon. You don't need much to do it, a caliper that reads to thousands of an inch, fab up a tool to hold rotor in place when removing and reinstalling and gasket makes or new gasket. I seen a video on YouTube about a guy doing it and explaining how it works and all that then found it in forms. When I get home ill see if I can find it again and post a link. I'm in USA as well can couldn't find a seller. But everyone says the gains a amazing for such a cheap mod. Only this is you'll have to run premium fuel and a fuel controller is also recommended. In hotter climates colder plugs as well to avoid knock

FinalImpact did some great work for our forum with trouble shooting as well as performance projects and documentation. This link may provide you with the information you need.