I'm back!....

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
....or almost back. After not riding for the bulk of the past 5 years.....selling all my bikes......keeping a family and raising an 11 year old and a 9 year old......

I just bought an 08 FZ6 with 1,415 miles for $3K. Doesn't run (needs a battery & probably some fuel injectors work), has a rusted chain, and some faded plastics since it sat outside on the seller's porch for 3 years....but I'm excited. Probably going to take it to a local shop get it starting and spoon on some new tires. Looking forward to putting some new rearsets (maybe even buying back some of rearset plates; I only kept one silver set), a pair of R6 forks and calipers, finding an exhaust with a little bit of rumble (not a lot though).

Attachments

• IMG_7833.jpg
    IMG_7833.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7835.jpg
    IMG_7835.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7836.jpg
    IMG_7836.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7837.jpg
    IMG_7837.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
There was a recent thread on exhausts.... including a place that can still get Scorps apparently. 1400 miles, that's crazy, sounds like a nice renewal project.

My previous 05 had Scorpions (Race model; stamped “Not for Road Use"). Way too loud for my tastes now. I HAD to wear ear plugs back then. I want carbon fiber Jardine cans if I can find them. I had one on my 07 R6S and loved the sound.

Anybody try the Chinese-made unbranded kits (or maybe Leo Vince brand stripped) with the mid pipes that seem to be prevalent on eBay and Amazon? They seem to be as well made as anything else. Probably too loud as well.

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’m still at a loss on what color to go with

So I had a Silver/Black 2005 (S1) that I always wanted to make a little brighter and visible. I refrained from changing the color because a friend of mins said there was a superstition that if you repaint your bike, it will go sliding down the road.

Well, June 2020 it was still the original color, and went sliding down the road anyway. Diesel fuel on a freeway onramp.

So I took the off season to repair and repaint the bike white.... similar to yours. Mine is a pearl white, so I get some other colors when the sun hits it.

My opinion... I love the white, but it really shows the dirt. I copied another rider's color scheme with the exception of the grab handles. His were white and always looks filthy, so I went with black. And throw some wheel stripes on. They are reflective so they add a little to the safety, and they break up the mass of black (especially in your S2 with black frame and motor).

I have been using the Keiti rim tape ( https://www.amazon.com/KEITI-Motorcycle-Car-Wheel-Stripes/dp/B005GXLPGO ). It comes in lots of colors and is easy to apply even with the wheels on the bike. I have used them for years and am comfortable with the installation. If you try these for a first time, I recommend ordering a second set. There is more than enough for both wheels, but if you make a mistake with a big piece you will need to wait for additional material.

Fyi, I messed up the front wheel and peeled it off just before I took this pic. Both wheels are done and the chain is properly tensioned.....

Attachments

• 20210627_161034.jpg
    20210627_161034.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16

Mcdabber434

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride bro! My fz has been wrecked a few times (not by me) I did the body work and put it in primer back in may added the protapers and risers, sliders, vortex chain/sprockets, led signals, integrated tail light led headlight power commander usb 3, used cheapo exhaust and some contenental gts and have just been riding like that but have refrained from painting it do to indecision. It was originally a red fairing bike then it got wrecked went to a blue tank and naked. It was laid down two more times until I got my hands on it. Im really leaning toward a candy apple tank and high shine black to the tail. I’m going to powder coat the wheels and calipers something satin with reflective highlights. It’s my small budget streetfighter.

Fractional

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a 2009 w 1403 miles on it. It's cobalt blue, but to be honest, I really like the team yamaha blue more.

Edit: @oso2k, any news on what you went with? I'm old as well and not too keen to have a very noisy bike. I'm actually fine with how quiet the bike is but find the stock pipes hideous.