Indicators not working

Nate77

Reaction score
Visit site
Gang... I have dramas

I have LED indicators that I started to fit up today.

I pulled the rear apart and disconnected the existing indicators from my fender eliminate. I run the wiring through the fender eliminator and pinched the new indicators finger tight.

The wiring had previously been joined and added to by previous owner and I had what looked like 2 black wires, there was the faintest grey line on one on later inspection.

Before I'd seen the faint grey stripe I touched the wires on to the wires of the new LED on the right rear, they were obviously reversed so switched them and they flashed fine albeit hyper flash due to needing a new relay.

When I went to test the left side nothing.. the OEM front one wasn't flashing, I tried the right side again, nothing and tried hazard lights, nothing.

Looking at dash there isn't the indicator light showing either.

I've checked the 10A fuse which looked fine. I replaced it with a spare just in case and still nothing. Is it because there's no complete circuit?

I'm a very mechanically dyslexic human but I like to have a go... maybe I just shouldn't ‍♂️

Any ideas what it might be? Does it sound common? Have I really stuffed something up?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a rear license plate light and tail light? On the tail light I'm talking about the running light, not the brake light.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also:
In the front of the bike the indicators originally had running light and directional filament in the same bulb. If it's LED there is only one filament and the blue/blue with red tracer wire are no longer used. Below are the color codes to run your indicators. There is also a good chance a fuse is blown. Get you wires sorted properly and then if you have no running light or directionals the fuse will probably be blown because a wire was shorted. Make sure the blue with red tracer or any wire that is not being used is taped off and insulated from shorting again. :)

When you turn the key on you should have a tail light filament lit. If not it's a good chance the fuse is blown. That same fuse powers the running/tail lights and the flashers. The 4 way flasher is the same circuit...

Left front turn signal with running light. That's two filament per bulb in the front.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue colored wire= running light filament.
Black wire= Ground or negative.

Right front turn signal with running light.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.
Blue with a red tracer colored wire= running light filament.

Left rear turn signal.
Chocolate colored wire= turn signal filament.

Right rear turn signal.
Dark green colored wire= turn signal filament.

Brake light
Yellow colored wire = brake light
Blue colored wire = running light