Is the M4 too loud?

JonM

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I was in an accident a couple of months ago and lost my first ride. (stupid cagers!) Anyways, I got a good deal on the new bike and want to use the extra cash for some modifications. I've been going through all the vids I can find and I like the style and sound of the M4's the best (hard to truly know from a vid, I know). The only problem is I have to ride to work at 4:30am once or twice a week, and I live in an apartment complex. Do you think it'll wake the neighbors even if I keep the rpms low?

Also, I found these places seem to have the best prices. Anyone know of any better deals?

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=30000401
http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/YA6426/ProductID/33173

Thanks for your input!
Jon

429935_10150614934343861_737008860_9359909_1265305160_n.jpg

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got M-4's and go to work at 5:15, never had any complaints. Its quieter than my next door neighbor's Star cruiser, and he's a cop.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got the full carbon fiber m4's from indysuperbike.com for $599 flat. i love the sound..i thought it was pretty loud when i first got it n on a long highway ride...after 8k its like moto gp

i got the hook up from another member (fazr6)...pm me if u want the hook up

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was in my apartment I was still riding my CBR as my main bike. I had (and still have) an aluminum Jardine RT-One that was extremely loud and went to work at 330AM or 530AM every day and never had anyone complain. Never even woke my roommate up and my space was right I front of his room, even with my choke on running at 3000RPM during warmup. I don't think the M4s are much louder than that pipe so I think you'll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I have titanium m4's on mine and leave for work at 3:30am once a week. As long as I keep the rpm's low leaving the house and commuting through town I don't get any complaints and the exit to my yard is literally two feet from my neighbor house. Half my neighbor are also my customers and I have pinned it a few times up the road and got all kinds of angry remarks latter in the day. I got mine on pipecity.com for like $600.

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the carbon M4's and I would say they're loud, but not high pitch loud. They have a low bass"y" rumble at low RPMs, so I think you'll be fine. There are definitely bikes and other pipes much louder than they are.

JonM

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I'll definitely pick up a pair of M4's then. If I get complaints some lucky forum member will have to take them off my hands. ;) Now the only question is titanium.. or carbon fiber. Anyone had any issues with the durability of the CF cans?

Btw Iron, I'm really glad you responded! I was contemplating a naked conversion, and had already picked out Reverse Retro Bar end mirrors etc when I stumbled across your photos the other day. That's what my ride should look like! But then I couldn't remember which thread I saw them in. Problem solved!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jon, I've had my CF's since 2008, and was concerned with fading in the sunlight (my bike's not garaged) but they're still fine. I'd buy them again. :thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Btw Iron, I'm really glad you responded! I was contemplating a naked conversion, and had already picked out Reverse Retro Bar end mirrors etc when I stumbled across your photos the other day. That's what my ride should look like! But then I couldn't remember which thread I saw them in. Problem solved!

Haha yw then! Good luck with your bike...I love the look. Just added detail stripping to the wheels too. Gotta stop doing things this year before I go broke though! :D