Is This a Good Deal?

Skydawg

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm looking to purchase my first bike and I've narrowed it down to an fz6 or sv650. I have experience with dirt bikes but very little with road bikes so I'm looking to you guys for some advice!

I've bartered this gentleman down to $2500 USD and before I make the trip to test drive it/ potentially buy it I thought I could use a little of your experience. I've attached the link to the for sale ad below.

Any particular questions i should ask? Should I be worried about the dented tank/cracked fairing?

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently you posted something not allowed.

The very little bit you've mentioned, that cracked fairing / damaged tank is likely from falling over or a crash. Its not un-common to bend the main fairing stay if the fairings cracked. If seated on the bike, on the centerstand, look forward and if the faired nose/mirrors are crooked, the stay is bent.

You can, before you go over, click on this link and see what things cost should you need to replace them;

Partzilla.com - OEM Powersports Parts from Honda, Kawasaki Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha at discounts up to 80% off MSRP Click on OEM parts and follow the propmpts.

To fix mine,*below pic's) parts only, (similar damage) was aaprox $1,400.

Double cick to enlarge. BTW, I paid 2K for an 07 with 4,500 miles (wrecked obviously)

Last edited: