Is this a good deal

Rider441

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,
I found a 2009 FZ6 with 15xxx miles on it. It has the naked front end conversion kit, leo vince sbk exhaust, led headlights, never dropped, and only used for commuting. They are asking $2900 for it, is this a good deal?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to out great forum!

Never say never.... Many go naked after the bike has been dropped so if it looks in good shape it's a good deal. Have someone with mech/bike experience look it over with you.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stored inside or out? How do the tires look and what is the date code on them? What does the sprocket wear look? Do you see an ring of oil on either fork tube about 4 inches from the seal? Do the brakes feel grabby? Did you see it start from an overnight cold start?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Short of any major issues and if it's in good / average condition & MAINTAINED, that price is a fair deal IMO..

As noted, have it checked and see if there's any abnormal issues with it..

Feel free to post "close up" pic's here, it's a good way to see any major issues with it (besides a hands on inspection).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The rear sprocket looks like it could be replaced but kinda hard to tell under the old grease. The chain definitly needs some clean up and possible replacement.

The naked conversion looks like they did a very nice job on it (looks factory). I didn't see anything bad/funky short of a good cleaning servicing..

Looks like a keeper to me..