It’s gone, I sold my FZ6!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the bike for about 13;years. With over 106k miles, I made enough memories to last me a lifetime. I just didn’t ride it enough plus the bike needed repairs so I sold it for $700. With a naked conversion kit and some work, the bike could look almost brand new in my opinion. The engine was still rock solid. Fortunately I sold it to a guy who belongs in the local motorcycle forum I belong to for this area so I will still get to see the bike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm proud to say I got to see you ride that bike and meet you as a friend.

Thing I can't figure out Kenny is, That motor is just broken in! :thumbup:Blah:rockon:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OH
MY
GOODNESS

END OF AN ERA!!
Wow, I never thought I'd see a parting of the ways.
Now if Randy and Scott sell up I'm gonna wonder if this bike is defective or something..LOL

Well I am kinda speechless as I figured you were in for the long haul - now its Wolfman and me down under, Nelly in the UK and the aforementioned gents in the US
Sorry if I have forgotten someone and you feel slighted- but there are not too many of us left that can lay claim to buying of the shop floor- or close to it.

Anyway, I'm sure your riding career will continue un-abated, Kenny,
cheers
Ade

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S..t! I love mine..

It is by far, my most favorite bike.. You know the pro's and cons, I'm not going to repeat that..

I thought about adding a "Zero" bike to the garage (only have the FZ now- down from 4 bikes) but love the sound when winding up that engine with the open Scorps. That sound is half the love of this bike, easily.. What an awesome sound!! That Zero got shelved, just for that reason..

Till the FZ gets wrecked, it'll be my last bike...

Kenny, you got your moneys worth out of your FZ.. Glad to see it going to a familiar home and can see it with mods/updates. Nice to see it getting "resurrected" and loved by it's next owner. Most used bikes get beat up and go downhill...

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear about these bikes going strong for so long. I'd love to get that kind of mileage out of mine; I'm at 5500 miles now, so I have a long way to go. Congrats on the long life of your Fazer!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is gone, but you know I'll stick around. I mentioned to the new owner about the forum. Wonder if he has joined and posted up. He also knows Monica A as we have all gone riding in the past with one another.

If I would have known it was a contest on how long we could keep our FZ6, I would have never sold it!

Last edited:

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the middle of fixing mine. Its at 37'000 km when i bought it and it needs all the regular maintence done thata beem neglected since day one. Will be striping it this winter amd melting mesh into the broken plastics for strength and repair. My journey is just getting started and i plan to make the bike an adventure bike. I know some people are against that but its getting a matt green army paint job this winter amd home made hamgers with ammo box saddle bags.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
End of an Era, for sure, Kenny! I still feel bad that we couldn't get together because my new-to-me BMW was missing a couple hard-to-find bolts.
I still miss my FZ-6, but I also miss my 6'5" frame that was flexible enough to fit on it!

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Always been jealous of you boys who can ride year round... I hope they keep posting mileage updates. I've had mine about as long but only managed 55k so far. Stupid snow. ;)
Curious as to what you'll put in the stable.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the bike for about 13;years. With over 106k miles, I made enough memories to last me a lifetime. I just didn’t ride it enough plus the bike needed repairs so I sold it for $700. With a naked conversion kit and some work, the bike could look almost brand new in my opinion. The engine was still rock solid. Fortunately I sold it to a guy who belongs in the local motorcycle forum I belong to for this area so I will still get to see the bike.

It doesn't matter what you ride :) One of the many sources of great info on this forum, many thanks and please stick around :thumbup:

I really have to get around to selling mine sometime soon (haven't ridden it for more than a year) it has a couple of issues (after 150,000Km's) and I just don't have the time to sort them out.

Last edited:

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Kenny..... [emoji33]
I stop by for a quick scan through and Im surprised by this, but i guess its better to let it go and it keep being ridden... [emoji3][emoji106]

Still got mine, upto 62K miles now from the 4k miles when I got it 11 years ago. It did get a big brother last year, a 2007 FZ1 Fazer..... but if I'm honest i still love riding the 600 more than the 1000...

Cheers...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk