Just got back from a tour of France

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I have to say I was a little concerned initially having only just bought the FZ6, that a 1500 mile trip in a week may have been too much. How wrong I was. Loaded with a 47 ltr Top box and soft side luggage (must have weighed a bloody ton;) ) I set off. Having fitted the Yamaha Comfort seat as the Corbin was out of my price range, and using a sheepskin cover for that extra bit of comfort I left for Calais. Arrived in France and then 8 hours straight on the Autoroute with the occasional stop for coffee, fuel and a stretch of my legs. 8 hours on any bike would be an ordeal and I was surprised that the bike was much comfier than I thought it would be. Stability was a minor issue but only when the speeds went over 90 mph and even then it wasn't that much of an issue just a little light on the front. I filled the bars with lead shot, as per advice from a previous thread I posted and found that only at sustained revs over 8000rpm was there any vibrations and they were very small. When I arrived at my destination and with all the luggage off the bike the D roads of France were an absolute biking Nirvana. I have never had so much biking fun in my life. I am 50 now and started riding when I was 16 so have had plenty of bikes in that time, I have to say though I have never had such a "do it all" bike. I love it to pieces and would highly recommend one to anybody. But then again you guys all know what I am saying as you have one :cheer:

somclan

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one... I intend to head over to France and maybe down to Spain in a week or two on my brand new FZ6 s1 ( a little bit of a story there that I wont go into now ) I am no stranger to bike touring and am a similiar vintage to you self..For the last quarter of a century I have had a big german twin in the garage with all the touring bits... I got the urge recently to change and got a good deal on the fz6 ... How was your Mpg for the trip and how did you keep the soft luggage off the exhausts and the rear sticky out bit of the fairing ?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have any scenery pictures of the trip?

I have not spent that many hours continuously on the bike, I'm trying to build up little by little