Leo Vince Evo II SBK CF Exhausts...

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!
So i finally decieded to buy myself the Leo Vince's Evo II Oval in Carbon Fiber. They were not my first choice as i wanted the Scorpions but these were just too wide i think to fit with my Givi TopCase mounts. So after looking around and just nearly buying some M4's from a member here i found a deal online (well i hope it was a deal, lol...) I read on a LeoVince thread someone ordered from SoloMotoParts.com so i checked out their website, i saw they had those exhausts advertised so i e-mailed at around midnight (Wednesday) asking if they had them in stock ready to ship and what was their best price i could get. The next morning (10am) i have an e-mail reply confirming they were in their warehouse ready to ship and they gave me a coupon code to get a little more off. On their site they were at $612 + Tax + Free S/H. So impressed by the customer service i ordered right away, got them for $580 + tax, so around $630 OTD shipped. Now this is the shocker, about 2 hrs later i get an e-mail saying they have been shipped and i get a tracking number, i was like "yeah right, no way it was that fast, must be an automated e-mail" so this was on Thursday, Saturday i come home to my door and there they are, in the LeoVince box, i was shocked. So Excellent purchase experience from that site! I can only highly recommend after an experience like that! :thumbup:
The exhausts themselfs are beautiful, they look and feel super high quality! Just by the welds you can tell its the real deal. The way it all fits and mounts. I could not be happier, plus i didnt know, theres a cat elim pipe! Even better. So i installed it all with no major issues (took me like 5hours, but i was talking with the guys helping me install, had a few beers :iconbeer: haha...) so the Top Case mounts fit better with this aftermarket exhaust than with the stock! I was amazed how easy it was compared to the first time i mounted it, everything fits perfectly and i like the size of the new Leo's, they stick out abit more so it balances the view as my TopCase sticks out as well. For the sound well i took the baffles out (they looked like big dil-o's :D lool) So i finished the install at 2am, i didnt want to wake anyone in my complex so i still have not started them. I did unplug the battery as i was told it might reset the ECU to adjust the motor better to the new exhaust. The instructions are a joke, basically you get one drawing of all the parts with numbers from low to high and thats the order is all goes in, so they really didnt try to hard but at the same time its pretty obvious. Sometimes the space i had to mount pieces (as their bracket for the fender) was minimal making it tedious not to scratch the CF...By The Way if plastic is touching the CF will it melt/catch on fire? I think that thin plastic piece that goes inbetween the mufflers, right under the tail light might be touching a tiny bit.
Now i know :needpics: so here you go, lol. I woke up at 7am today all excited so i went to take pics of them mounted.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0uyT4odoM"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Leo Vince Evo II SBK Exhaust (start up)[/ame]

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the Leo Vince's! :)
No worries about anything catching fire that's touching the carbon fiber. My Scorp's carbon fiber is just mildly warm after a hard ride, and I'm sure your Leo's will be the same.
Your bike looks terrific with those pipes....let us know how they sound once your lazy sunday morning neighbours wake up.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the Leo Vince's! :)
No worries about anything catching fire that's touching the carbon fiber. My Scorp's carbon fiber is just mildly warm after a hard ride, and I'm sure your Leo's will be the same.
Your bike looks terrific with those pipes....let us know how they sound once your lazy sunday morning neighbours wake up.

Okay so just back from trying them out. As most people say it really is a night and day difference. I started them up and the idle was smooth, they made a wonderful rumble, as you rev higher the sound follows as it should, when rpms go back down make a superbe noise, a little bit of crackle (love that!) I could not be happier with my selection. Now people will hear me coming. I have yet to ride with them, i just idle'd and warmed the bike up and i'm more than happy with that sound. Its near orgasmic :D haha
Best clip/video i found that sounds close to real life for these:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Gb4BJmbcA"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 exhaust sound with LeoVince Evo II Carbon[/ame]

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a 250mile ride. Went up to Big Bear with my buddy (rides 2007 R6) and bro (rides a 2002 ZX6R as of yesterday, lol) and holy $hit, these things are phenominal. The sound is pure music to my ears, everytime i went under a freeway bridge it'd echo throughout, it'd just grawl with any accel, i even scared my buddy and bro when i passed them going full throttle. Then in the twisties of Big Bear i could hear the echo, they sound very throaty and beefy and mean! Love it! Since i used the cat elim pipe does that do anything power wise? But the sound, just in love with it, now i'm turning heads (which is awesome as i just love to stick out as it is, 6ft6 tall...:D) I was wondering if it was going to be too loud, well they are pretty loud (very maybe) but its very bearable will riding as the wind noise muffles over 70% of any sound, lol (now i know why i'm going deaf)...Anyhow i'm convinced it was the right choice for me! Also want to give mad props to LeoVince for the design and its an even 50/50 air flow for the exhaust, they both put out the same, as stated above the quality is top-notch so its to be expected. Was worried because heard that for the 2Bros & Scorpion sometimes the exhaust came out more from on side than the other. But the Leo's "y" pipe design is near perfect ;)

minimad

Reaction score
Visit site
Just fitted the same ones to mine 2 weeks ago, fantastic sound like you said and looks great. Although i havnt taken the DB killers out yet as the police by me are having a bit of a crack down on loud exhausts at the moment so will wait for things to calm down.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing After Market exhausts completely changes the personality of both an FZ6 and the rider. :D
From the video clip (always hard to tell, of course) your Leo's sound very similar to my Scorpions.
Going under bridges or through tunnels is pure joy.....:Sport:
I can't recall....did you install a K&N filter? If not and you can afford it, do so. It makes the bike sound even better.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see thatthey fit with the Givi-Rack!

I have been looking at this exhaust for a while. I think I would consider them if I have the money. With the DB killers they sound perfect. A little throaty, but not horribly loud.

-bryan

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing After Market exhausts completely changes the personality of both an FZ6 and the rider. :D
From the video clip (always hard to tell, of course) your Leo's sound very similar to my Scorpions.
Going under bridges or through tunnels is pure joy.....:Sport:
I can't recall....did you install a K&N filter? If not and you can afford it, do so. It makes the bike sound even better.

Yes, videos never tell the full tale :p I was amazed that they sounded that well, i knew about the Leo's but thought they were more "tame" than what was out there, i was def wrong, lol! It is very close to the Scorpion sound, and since i wanted those in the first place thats a great thing. (I'll see if i can make my own video ;) )
As for the air filter i did not change it. Will it make a noticeable difference? As well will it change the way the engin runs, will i need a PCIII to adjust or is it just something simple?

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, videos never tell the full tale :p I was amazed that they sounded that well, i knew about the Leo's but thought they were more "tame" than what was out there, i was def wrong, lol! It is very close to the Scorpion sound, and since i wanted those in the first place thats a great thing. (I'll see if i can make my own video ;) )
As for the air filter i did not change it. Will it make a noticeable difference? As well will it change the way the engin runs, will i need a PCIII to adjust or is it just something simple?

Nah, i really don't think you will need the pc3. I have the same exhaust and all i did is reset the battery and that helped. I love this exhaust also, and i you take out the baffles, it does give it that more deep idle which sounds pretty cool. I believe the air filter should make it a little louder. They look good on your bike!!!!! I had the same plastic piece problem but it seems to be fine. Good Job! :Sport:

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
So i've been able to put some miles on them (over 1000) and noticed the end tips are starting to bronze pretty dark right around the exit holes, lol. Its not an issue, i actually like the look, just curious if this happened to you other Leo owners or even if other exhausts have done that?

RG2G

Reaction score
Visit site
I just mounted the Alu Leo Vince version on my 2005 FZ6S.

I have the following issue that bothers me: the metal bracket (to hold the license plate) between the 2 mufflers touches both mufflers.
It simply does not feel right to me, might damage the mufflers after some mileage.

Is that a problem ?

CelicaUA

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look good. Sorry to sort of change the subject, but I had a question for anyone that might know. I was looking on solomotoparts website, and it shows two completely different models (one for 04-06, and another for 07-08). The 04-06 are showing $611 for carbon and the 07-08 is showing $719 for carbon. Does anyone know if there is a difference, because Leo's website shows one model. Both are the EVO II. Thanks

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look good. Sorry to sort of change the subject, but I had a question for anyone that might know. I was looking on solomotoparts website, and it shows two completely different models (one for 04-06, and another for 07-08). The 04-06 are showing $611 for carbon and the 07-08 is showing $719 for carbon. Does anyone know if there is a difference, because Leo's website shows one model. Both are the EVO II. Thanks

When I bought my Leo's from the Yamaha dealer, he said that he got them in for a guy, but when they went to fit them, they didn't fit onto the '07 model. They changed something with the exhaust when they brought out the '07.

Sorry dude, but if you've got the '07-'08 bike, you're gunna have to fork out the extra cash.

:)

yamadado

Reaction score
Visit site
So i've been able to put some miles on them (over 1000) and noticed the end tips are starting to bronze pretty dark right around the exit holes, lol. Its not an issue, i actually like the look, just curious if this happened to you other Leo owners or even if other exhausts have done that?

Sure, mine too, but I don't like it, I tried with polish move this reaction but I couldn't do much, i think this is normal, and I was told that oval ends were from stainless steal, but to me it looks like aluminum...