Links not Linking!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I (briefly) read over the threads in this section and didn't see anything covering this...

Occasionally I'll click a link to a page (on this forum) and instead of being taken to the desired page, I get sent to the forum home page (with recent posts).

I'm using Opera version: 20.0.1387.77

I'll check my other browsers to see if that's the issue, but I also get this on my phone when browsing (and I use Chrome on my phone).

Any help/tips are appreciated!

Edit: I can confirm other browsers (Internet Explorer and Chrome) both exhibit this issue.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I (briefly) read over the threads in this section and didn't see anything covering this...

Occasionally I'll click a link to a page (on this forum) and instead of being taken to the desired page, I get sent to the forum home page (with recent posts).

I'm using Opera version: 20.0.1387.77

I'll check my other browsers to see if that's the issue, but I also get this on my phone when browsing (and I use Chrome on my phone).

Any help/tips are appreciated!

Edit: I can confirm other browsers (Internet Explorer and Chrome) both exhibit this issue.

When they changed the forum name, MOST of the links disappeared and you go back to the main page. Its not your puter...

I had many links saved that got lost..:(

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Any possible way to get to the heart of the link? Or should I just search the terms that I can see in the link? There are a lot of gems which don't have working links anymore. :(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just do a search.

If its a really good post, it'll come up again... BTW, with the knowledge base here, if you search and can't find it, post what your looking for. As I come across a good thread (kill switch by pass for instance), I save them again.

Cliff may know differently but to my knowledge, most if not all of those links don't work.

[MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION]

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually if you quote the text it exposes the broken links. At that time you can edit them or paste the corrected 600riders.com info in and be under way. How To's, technical bits and pictures I try to fix along the way as I encounter them, but I can hardly keep up with my crap let alone all the broken links!

Of course if your the OP you can edit and correct the issue. Moderators can too.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually if you quote the text it exposes the broken links. At that time you can edit them or paste the corrected 600riders.com info in and be under way. How To's, technical bits and pictures I try to fix along the way as I encounter them, but I can hardly keep up with my crap let alone all the broken links!

Of course if your the OP you can edit and correct the issue. Moderators can too.

If someone stumbles upon image links that don't work, feel free to post the thread URL and post # of the broken link, i.e. like "How To's" that "COULD BENEFIT MANY" and one us may be able fix them.

In this case - I have an album w/many pictures used in technical discussion and all of the links created before the server name change are broken. In sample below just fix the name and they should work.

BROKEN SAMPLE: (yes - I added spaces for the example)
[ IMG ] http : // www . fz6-forum . com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=8833[ /IMG ]

WORKS SAMPLE:
[ IMG ] http : // www . 600riders . com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1339&pictureid=8833 [ /IMG ]

Working link = pic displayed + URL to guide user

Last edited: