Looking for a Stunt cage,.

PKguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that this question has been asked many times but I could not find an answer. Is there anyone who makes any kind of cage for the fz6? OR does anyone know of anyone who could custom build one for me. Thanks

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i wouldnt recomment the FZ as a stunt bike. but im sure somebody can build you one. they're just welded steel tubes. remember to take them off when you actually go ride or you could dig hard:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDPA4_xUac0]Motorcycle Crash in the Twisties-motogp quality footage - YouTube[/ame]

18 seconds in says it all.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Two Words: Torque & Frame

Torque:
there isnt any. now i know that a stuntbike has a ridiculously huge rear sprocket, and that the torque output is not as crucial but its how it is.

Frame:
Supersports have a better frame for this type of riding and are more resilient under high stress and impact. look up ChevyFazer's frame issue thread. also the "claws" of the frame break easily.

Suspension:
this should go without saying but stock suspension, even on supersports is not designed for stunting. they arent setup to go to 12 o'clock and slam back down and then take the full weight of the bike to the forks on an endo (stoppie). and since the FZ's suspension set-up is WAY INFERIOR to that of even an R6, it would never take that kind of abuse. even if you did an R6 fork swap it would go back to my fame argument.

YOUD BE BEST TO BUY A WRECKED USED SUPERSPORT. Like a CBR600-F4i, older ZX-6 or something. used supersort bikes are much cheaper than all of the mods you'd have to do to the FZ.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site

Nappa

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in my old road-racing days I once tried to save a high-side crash by holding onto the bike. Well that bike just flung me over and then under it, since I was trying to hold on. One of my racing buddies said - I saw a bike with arms and legs sticking out from under it, sliding off the track. We separated when we hit the dirt. Luckily it was only a 300lb race bike and I didn't get injured, but the next time I got launched I let go and just flew through the air. (not like that is a lot of fun either, but better)

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh my days on a dirtbike taught me long ago, if you're crashing, remove yourself from the bike.

tupac

Reaction score
Visit site
3Ee3M83J75E85M95Jdd2l62a30fab08541bd8.jpg

i have a cage for sale locally but id be willing to ship it for the same price i got it for. reason why im selling it is it requires me to take off the centerstand. I have givi v35 side cases and i absolutely need to have my centerstand because of it. my bike is my "car" and i need to have my side cases and centerstand.It allows me to park it while loaded in the costco parking lot:rockon:

i bought it off this thread

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/46535-2005-fz-6-crash-bars.html

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I'm not sure if this is still recommended this but when I was a teen I took a road racing course and they told us in a low side to hold onto the bike while sliding. This would keep you from being hit by the bike and also keep you from bouncing and breaking bones.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I was 14 at the time so it was 1977, thinking may have changed but I do remember them telling us that. I do remember them telling us to let go during the slide.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

tupac

Reaction score
Visit site
thats affirmative but last time i shipped to another country it was an arm and a leg. id prefer to ship to the $100 shipped 48states however i can do 120shipped to the outback.
to be fair

first one to pm me and make a payment can get it. must be paypal verified and i dont accept gift payments.

on another note, i just saw that bruce willis movie and it was cheesy...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thats affirmative but last time i shipped to another country it was an arm and a leg. id prefer to ship to the $100 shipped 48states however i can do 120shipped to the outback.
to be fair

first one to pm me and make a payment can get it. must be paypal verified and i dont accept gift payments.

on another note, i just saw that bruce willis movie and it was cheesy...
cant ask for better than that!:thumbup:

and on the other note: I guess Bruce is doing what he always seems to do best, plays Bruce, like Arnie!
now if he could lose that accent.....