looking for part 5VX-14463-00-00; Joint, Air Cleaner 2

cook.675

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like this part has been discontinued. Im replacing the boots that go over the throttle bodies. The two outside ones are available still(?) but the inside ones are not. I found one on ebay, I just need one more...

I would gladly take a used one in good condition. Mine have been glued onto the airbox by a previous owner and are hard and cracking.

Here is the part, its #11

b04a68a8fef3297b3de9a23e9967b6b2.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

cook.675

Reaction score
Visit site
For partzilla when i search the item number and click on the part it says "Currently Unavailable" and gives me no option to purchase it. The link above says the same thing on my end

I've tried ordering the part from about 7 different places (including partzilla a couple months ago) Initially it will say its in stock, then i put the order in, they charge me, then 3 weeks later they issue me a refund and say the part has been discontinued. Then they update their site to show its no longer available. Called the yamaha dealer they said the same thing that they can't get it for me and its been discontinued

:/

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd call Partzilla direct and find out.

I sent a msg but it doesn't look good..

Also, those boots are the same for both the S1 and S2 models.

Here's the entire box with boots, $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Box-Fi...098230?hash=item215b532c36:g:xjMAAOSw1MZc5-3p

He's also in California.

Looking at the pic, it appears the boots are almost identical as the outside ones.. Just that the little rubber tips, to keep them from rotating(while tightening the screws) is in a different area.. Should work, just can't force them around..

Last edited:

cook.675

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for looking into it let me know what they reply. I have 2 of the outer ones (5VX-14453) and 1 of the inner ones (14463) I got off ebay. I just put them side by side and the inner pieces are taller by about a centimeter so looks like theyre not interchangeable. So strange that they would discontinue the inner ones and not the outer ones. Maybe the outer ones are used in other bikes. Ill see if that guy on ebay will part out one of the inner ones. Hell Id probably pay him the asking price just for that piece since I can't get it anywhere...

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From motorcyclespareparts;

"The JOINT, AIR CLEANER 2 is used on 14 models from 2004 to 2009"

Highly doubt it would go out of production without a replacement part [emoji106]