Looking to buy Kevlar Cargo Pants for ride to work

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to buy Kevlar Cargo Pants for ride to work. My commute is about 10 miles, currently I wear normal work pants with the Dainese Leg armor.
I was looking to get more protection for my legs. Something I could wear all day at work and stay comfortable in during the warmer months here in New England.
Not looking for an over pant but just something simpler like Kevlar cargo pants with protection on the hips and knees.
I came across AGV Kevlar Cargo Pants
Wanted to see if you had experience with either these or another brand that you may wish to recommend.

Also if there is a pair of kevlar pants you no longer use and might want to sell, please let me know? I wear a size 32- 34 Waist with 32-30 in seam.
Thanks.

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some Hornee black kevlar cargo pants which are well made and look good. They are not really designed to be warm so in winter you need to wear thermals underneath.

I recommend them. They were about $180 (AUD).

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend draggin jeans. Have tested them personally at over 100kmh and the Kevlar held up realy well. Didn't even look rashed. Great customer service and awsome product! I am currently using a set of denim jeans and got a set of the cargos to replace the ones that went down the road.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I have the a pair of those. I wear them when a ride will be stoping at a nice restaurant or museum or something like that. They are comfortable, little heavy for hot humid days but they are baggy much more then regular cargo pants. I wouldn't buy another pair just because they are baggy.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
my two bobs worth

I have a pair of the Hornee cargos the only thing I dont like is the pleats on the side pockets they catch the visor lock on my helmet when I carry it and I had to replace it.Bugger!

What I do like about the Hornees over the draggins that I also own, is that Hornee is slightly higher in the waist.
I have yellow stinger camo draggins that show the road grime after a couple of weeks, the black Hornees are better for that.

I also have some Draggin oilskins that are good for light showers without wet weather gear, look like leather at 10 paces, but are as hot as hell over 28C.

So whatever you buy just know that when you wash them (except for the oliskins that never get a wash only re-waxing) that it will take time for them to dry so having a second pair is always handy,

Last edited:

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
agf said:
So whatever you buy just know that when you wash them (except for the oliskins that never get a wash only re-waxing) that it will take time for them to dry so having a second pair is always handy,

That's exactly why I bought the Hornee cargoes. My other kevlar pants are Sartso Killer jeans, which are also good although the denim around the bottom of the legs (no kevlar there) is getting some small holes in it and will need to be stitched up soon.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try the following links, I have the jeans and love it. Like someone else mentioned they tend to be heavier but still breatheable and you look like your wearing ordinary jeans. I plan to get the cargo pants next for summer.

Sliders Kevlar 4.0 Cargo Motorcycle Riding Pants - Seasonal - Competition Accessories

Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Riding Jeans 4.0 - Compacc

During this winter season (+/- 20 degrees) I wore these jeans with fleece pants underneath and I was comfortable, I could still feel a little bit of the cold but it wasn't debilitating. Of course it would have been better to have heated undergarments but that's another thread.
Look over the video, they have pretty good review and description.
Good luck.

Ares

Last edited:

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Try the following links, I have the jeans and love it. Like someone else mentioned they tend to be heavier but still breatheable and you look like your wearing ordinary jeans. I plan to get the cargo pants next for summer.

Sliders Kevlar 4.0 Cargo Motorcycle Riding Pants - Seasonal - Competition Accessories

Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Riding Jeans 4.0 - Compacc

During this winter season (+/- 20 degrees) I wore these jeans with fleece pants underneath and I was comfortable, I could still feel a little bit of the cold but it was debilitating. Of course it would have been better to have heated undergarments but that's another thread.
Look over the video, they have pretty good review and description.
Good luck.

Ares
Definitely like the Sliders, they also have knee armor that can be added for 10$. Read some reviews on these and was satisfied. Ordered me the Sliders Cargos.
Thanks again

Last edited: