Need Help Lost key

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Lost the only key I had for my bike, and I know this is going to hurt the wallet, but was hoping there was a guru out there that could shine some light... 2004 fz6 USA steering locked can't find key, how "f"ed am I?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You are temporarily screwed. If you have access to a die grinder or dremill you can get the bar lock and ignition bolts out. You also won’t be able to add fuel until you get a replacement ignition/fuel cap kit.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lost the only key I had for my bike, and I know this is going to hurt the wallet, but was hoping there was a guru out there that could shine some light... 2004 fz6 USA steering locked can't find key, how "f"ed am I?

I learned the hard way - new bike, _very_ first thing I do is make a key copy, test it, and then put it away in a drawer (ALL cycle/car keys are in that drawer!)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Might pull the helmet lock off, open it up and see if a lock smith can "reverse engineer" a key.

The assembly comes apart pretty easily so you can see the tumblers.

Even with the lock closed, opening up the back side to access is done easily with one screw, then a small plate comes off accessing the assembly..

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Might pull the helmet lock off, open it up and see if a lock smith can "reverse engineer" a key.

The assembly comes apart pretty easily so you can see the tumblers.

Even with the lock closed, opening up the back side to access is done easily with one screw, then a small plate comes off accessing the assembly..

No helmet lock on the S1.....

lakincoe

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're ever in a situation where you need to start a motorcycle without its key, hotwiring is the way to go. The ease of this technique depends on your motorcycle's make and age. To bypass the ignition switch, your first step is to locate the connector associated with your motorcycle's ignition system.

Last edited: