Lowered bike, need new kickstand

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
So I had my mechanic install the Power commander 5 and while it was in the shop I decided to buy the lowering link and have him install it. Looking back I probably should have just shaved my seat but it is really nice to be able to flat foot the ground with ease. Anyway, now my bike stands up with very little lean on the side stand. I've been using the center stand in the mean time. I want to get a smaller side stand but dislike the adjustable ones they have. I'm wondering if I can just buy the fz1 kickstand and use that? I'm pretty sure it's a bit smaller than mine. What do you think?

TL;DR will the FZ1 or other FZ's kickstand work as a replacement for the fz6 to have more lean on the kickstand due to being lowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I had my FZ1 lowered with a Soupy's Lowering Link and they also offer the kickstand (if you're not inclined to cut it down yourself)

Soupy's Performance

For some reason I'm just not a fan of that adjustable kickstand. Just in terms of looks, the oem looks better in my opinion. I guess it's function over looks in my case, just wanted to see if I could have the best of both worlds. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your about 3 hours from me, across the state (Cape Coral).

If you want to ride over or mail me the stand (with exact measurements), I can cut and re-weld (MIG) it.

You can watch/wait if you want..

$25

PM me if interested..

That or look around at local machine shops that weld. Two cuts, clean up then weld...