Luggage, Luggage and More Luggage

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So here it is. I ended up with a little free time this evening so I wanted to get this started. At least once a month or so, some one posts about luggage. Which is good, cause that means people are looking to carry stuff with them while riding or are planning to take longer bike rides. :thumbup:

So with a little help from the search bar, and a few of my own posts I plan on making a list here of many of the products used by other members on the site and what they think. Also, if you happen to try something out, please feel free to write a review on it and post it in the product review section. Then if you do not mind, shoot me a PM with a link to the thread so I can add it to this list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Axio Tailbag

Cortech Sport Tail Bag

Cortech Tri-Bag System

Hard Bags!!!

Kriega Tail Bag

Luggage Locker (Awsome Set Up!!!)

Nelson-Rigg CL-150 Expandable Tail Bag

Nelson Rigg CL-850 Saddle Bags and Set Up.

Nelson-Rigg CL-900 Saddle Bags

Nelson-Rigg SSC-110 Magnetic Tank Bag

Nelson Rigg SSC-140 Mini Saddle Bags and SSC-165 Tail bag. Also, mounting set up with Givi Rack for two-up riding.

SHAD Motorcycle Luggage

Speed Pack Tankbag/Tentbag/Saddlebags/Tailbag (Amazing bag set up!!!)

Poor-Mans Givi Rack

Usefull Tip For Mouting

More Mounting Ideas

-bryan

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Axio Tail bag, as well as the Nelson Rigg CL-150 has been added. Any body else have any review that have wrote, that I havent found? I would like to get as many bags possible on in this thread.

I will be adding a review about my Silver Streak Bags when I get home later today.

-bryan

F

FZSex

I saw one thread regarding the luggage locker tail bag but no pictures.

Feel free to delete this if you feel its a shameless promotion because I'm selling mine. However, I just don't see much info on it on this site but its probably the best tail bag you can get for it as its specifically designed to fit the seat.

This is a video of a luggage locker tail bag on my previous ride - the attachment is the same...a pocket that wraps around the end of the seat plus a velcro strap that runs under it. Again, each luggage locker bag is for a specific bike so the fit is perfect. I've had three over the years (600rr, the vfr and my fz)

I'd be happy to write a review but a youtube movie is worth 1000 words :thumbup:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_Yg3exh0I[/nomedia]

Luggage Locker Website

Last edited by a moderator:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
FZSex: awsome tail bag. Thanks for posting! I fixed the link to their website. They have some really neat stuff.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all those that have been posting reviews of luggage. There is a good list up there now! Thanks and keep them coming.

-bryan

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my blue '07 it came with a GIVI V46 and mount. But I've decided it just wont do...

I want to get the GIVI V35N side cases and the PLX360 tubular mounting bars. I was hoping to find somewhere I could order everything online and get free shipping, but no luck yet. TwistedThrottle does have pretty decent prices, but no free shipping. And then amotostuff.com has free shipping on orders over $500, but they don't carry the PLX360 mounts!

Any ideas?

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about the Givi PLX cases for my FZ. I like the SW Motech mounts since you can remove th ebrackets for a cleaner look when the cases are not in use.

I have read that you are not required to have a rear rack with the SW Motach system but have not seen a picture without one. Anybody have a pic they can share?

Also, who has the best prices for the SW Motech system?

TIA

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, who has the best prices for the SW Motech system?

TIA

Check with one of the site sponsers, Forsyth Motosports. There is a link in my signiture.

If you cant find what you are looking for be sure to call them and ask for Bruce. He will take care of you. ;)

-bryan

cujoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pictures of my bike with the Givi bags and the Motech mounts. It is an awsome setup.

P5110003.jpg

P5110004.jpg

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Cl-850's were added today.

Thanks again guys for posting all this up. I hope this thread is helping alot of people in the luggage purchases. Its getting warm again across the country, so I hope many of you are setting dates for those trips you talked about over the winter.

Ride Safe and enjoy the ride.

-bryan

W

wrightme43

Awesome job Bryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sticking this thread as well. Thanks man.

LOL its already done. Good job!!!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome job Bryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sticking this thread as well. Thanks man.

LOL its already done. Good job!!!

Like a condom, I got it covered!

Call me butter cause I'm on a roll!

Ok, Im done now.... shame. Thanks Steve. Is it June yet?

Keep the reviews coming guys!

-bryan

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the SW Motech mounts for the V35 cases work with the GIVI FZ351 top case mount, or would I have to have a SW Motech toprack (Item No: GPT.06.313.100.B)?

My bike came with a GIVI V46 top case and I just ordered a pair of the V35 side bags and PLX360 mounts and they should be here Tuesday... But if the SW Motech's side case mounts would have worked with my existing FZ351, well then... darn it!

Last edited by a moderator:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about that man as I do not have any experience with the hard cases.

There is another forum that I visit on a regular basis, The Motorcycle Tourer's Forum

Check them out, it is full of people that spend many many many miles on the road every year. They also have lots of experience with luggage as well. Log on there and start reading, there is alot of very good info on there.

-bryan

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my GIVI V35N cases and when I took them outta the plastic bags the smooth matte siding (the part that can be interchanged with other colors) has a lot of scuffs on them from the plastic bags rubbing up against them, I guess. I was just wondering if anyone else who ordered their GIVI side bags online has had this same problem?

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Add Motopak here too. I just made a review of their Tribag Tankbag. What good quality, better than even the Cortech that I love.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have purchased but not used yet a givi v46 and then a set of givi e21's... the racks look pretty solid and the cases are definitly great..

I have the whole soft luggage from yamaha.. it has worked great.. i would still use it if i hadn't gotten the givi's.. oh here is a picture..
IMG_0792.jpg