MadStad, Calsci and Others--Concern with Stress on Stock Shield Hardware?

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Puig racing on my FZ6. Had on my last 09 FZ6 also. Like it for summer, but thinking about a mondo-big shield for winter comfort. (Still trying to maybe get to selling my ST1300).

For anyone with these larger screens or the engineers out there--any concerns with stressing the screws on the bike with the additional stress a larger screen has? I know on the ST forums there have been sporadic electric windscreen failures and guys advise on putting stock shield back on if running aftermarket so there are no Honda warranty issues.

I'm thinking about Madstad for function, but bigger and more upright bolted to the stock screen has got to make more stress on stock hardware not designed to take it, no?

Any reports/experience appreciated.

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a tallish CalSci screen for touring use, which I purchased used from another forum member. At the previous owner's recommendation I substituted metal screws in place of the OEM plastic ones supplied with the stock windscreen. No issues to date in that configuration, although I can't claim extensive time on the setup yet.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a tallish CalSci screen for touring use, which I purchased used from another forum member. At the previous owner's recommendation I substituted metal screws in place of the OEM plastic ones supplied with the stock windscreen. No issues to date in that configuration, although I can't claim extensive time on the setup yet.

Thanks. Have a screw size spec or do I just need to take to hardware store?