Maybe a possible, potential fz6 owner

Tasrider90

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all my name is Jack and I have been riding since a young age (trail bikes) and I have had my license for a couple of years now. I'm currently riding a Husqvarna 610 supermoto as my only means of transport and lately I've been thinking about maybe selling it and getting a fz6n but I have a few questions I was hopping some of you nice people could help me with. [emoji5]️

My Husqvarna only get 140 kilometres from the 9 litres worth of tank so I need to fill up pretty much every day if not every second. I'm spending a bit more on fuel than I'd like to be. I was wondering how many kilometres you get out of a tank on average?

I'm not only thinking of changing to a proper road bike because of fuel consumption but also comfort, I literally only need to be riding my Husqvarna for 20 minutes and I start getting sore and uncomfortable. I've rode a fz6 for about ten minutes and found it nice and comfortable but how do you guys find it for committing?

I would also like to start doing longer rides on the weekend like 4 hours plus which I can't really do at the moment because of poor economy and comfort.

I'm not too worried about adapting to riding a road bike coming from a Motard

So I guess my questions is is the fz6n a good reliable and economic commuter?

Long post I know but any input would be awesome, thanks! [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SandyN

Reaction score
Visit site
I commute 30 km each way every day mostly on open road and average 22 km/l. On longer weekend trips, depending who I am riding with get 20 - 24. I generally get 350 kms before I fill up.
I have comfortably done 600 km in a day on a few occasions. It would not be so comfortable on an N model though.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and use the below link:
Yamaha FZS600 FZ6 Mileage | Fuelly
change the Units on the top left accordingly to get update statistics.
and I agree with Sandy about Naked bike on long trips, but there are plenty of people who got used to it and go 70+miles per hour on Interstate.

I'm 26 yrs old, Male and rode from 7 am in the morning till 7 pm night when I had a trip to tail of dragon from Charlotte.
I had regular 10 min -30 mins breaks for gas/toilet/stretch etc., and that day I didn't had a stop for lunch.
and similar trips after that with no problem (may be I got used to it).

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum!

KPL will vary with how much fun you're having! Blah I think I hear people getting at least 48 miles per gallon with the FZ6. Lot of us have done 4 hour riding with the FZ6 and end the day with a big smile. The FZ6 is one of the best bikes ever made and has a history of being very reliable. :)

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
I fill her up every 250 km or so, but this is because the people I ride with need to stop and gas and I just fill it up anyways. Fits about 9 liters after 250km so should be able to do 400 easely or more. I ride hard and like to open her up from time to time :D.

For comfort the FZ6 is really comfortable. I can do 4-5 hours a couple of days in a row no problem. My biggest issue at the moment is the vibration through the grips but the bike is due for some maintenance which should fix that up.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
So I guess my questions is is the fz6n a good reliable and economic commuter?

Well sir, you have come to the right place. I'd say thats one of the most spot on definitions of the fz6 right there, lol.

Anyway. I like to go on some trips here and there. Ive done two 3,600mi (5800km), trips over a span of 8 days.
A couple saturdays ago my fiancee and I (she on her fz6r and me on my fz6) rode a 465mi(750km) trip in one day.

I ride on the 2009 stock seat which is a little better than some of the earlier model seats and i find it plenty comfortable. Others prefer some sort of after market or modification service for their's.

Lastly, the bikes are cheap.. especially on the used market (in the U.S.), they're cheap to insure, cheap to maintain, and cheap on gas.
For commuting the stock suspension is adequate, For what i do, I sort of like the spongyness of it. Makes bumpy roads tollerable; but if you wish to push it in corners or take it to a track, the shortfalls will become appearant..

Bottom line: a lotta bike for the Buck!!

Disclaimer: You'll find alot of positive bias here. We all pretty much like our bikes, that why we're here on this forum! Theres a number of people have had these bikes and have moved on to other bikes for one reason or another. Its not perfect for all, but it does pretty darn good for most.

Last edited:

Tasrider90

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow thanks for all input guys!!

Sdriv3r's comment answered my fuel question 250km=9litres, the Husqvarna is 140=9litres.

Sounds like a really good bike that I reckon I will check out. Thanks again everyone for the input.
Another question, what are the service intervals? And are they easy to work on them selves, like drop oil and change filters.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, easy bike to work on. No special tools required for general maintenance.

FSM is on line if you wish to take a look.

Basics are 2 year stuff: coolant and brake fluid flush.
OCI is annual or ~ 5000 miles.
Chain lube every 350 - 400 miles.
Plugs every 10,000 or switch to precious metal plug of your choice.
Tires, air filter, brake pads as needed.

Tasrider90

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah okay sounds pretty good to me.

Will look into them.

Thanks heaps guys!! [emoji3]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

Ridden around Tasmania with a few forum members(I'm from Perth, other riders from Brisbane and Adelaid) - we had an awesome time. The FZ6 is perfect for the roads in Tassie - both recreational and commuting.

Comfortable and good on fuel too.

Enjoy!