Michilin Pilot Road 2

FIZSIX

Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is WOW. All the difference in the world compared to the stock Dunlops. Immediately after swapping them out I felt like i had extreme control of the bike and my confidence sky rocketed. These tires make you want to cook some chicken strips let me tell you. (I haven't gone that low yet and I probably wont but its awesome to feel that you have the ability if you chose to)

I can honestly say they make the bike feel like a better performing bike. If your wondering which tires you want to try out I dont think these will disappoint you any.

Enjoy and ride safe. :thumbup:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is WOW. All the difference in the world compared to the stock Dunlops. Immediately after swapping them out I felt like i had extreme control of the bike and my confidence sky rocketed. These tires make you want to cook some chicken strips let me tell you. (I haven't gone that low yet and I probably wont but its awesome to feel that you have the ability if you chose to)

I can honestly say they make the bike feel like a better performing bike. If your wondering which tires you want to try out I dont think these will disappoint you any.

Enjoy and ride safe. :thumbup:

It really is a great tire. I put 7000 miles on mine last year and plan on doing at least 7-10k this year!

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got these tires too and took Precious out for her first ride of the season yesterday. We went up the lake road, taking it nice and easy on the way up because the tires are new and it was my first ride after the bike was lowered.

I'm not sure how the tires compare to the stock Dunlops because of the suspension change, plus I'm coming straight from my old Nighthawk with its old, squared-off tires (corners = not as much fun on that one). But Precious sure did corner well yesterday. :D

Dh is probably right about my not being able to notice huge changes in handling because of the way I ride (i.e. like someone with common sense on a public road). I can definitely feel the difference the tires make, though. I don't miss that tipping-through-the-corner thing at all!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I would just be careful that at the furthest lean angle the tire felt like it was going to give way. I had read reports of people having low sides because the tire just goes without any feedback. Most of these reports were from the track.

My tires also had a funny lean in. It was very good with the first 15 degrees then all of a sudden it would drop over to 35 degrees (this was the worst in parking lots and other low speed stuff). It was challenging to keep a nice controlled lean in. I dunno if it is the distribution of firmer compound to softer or what.

View attachment 47893

I just got some Pilot Power 3's and would say that they are much stickier and confidence inspiring. Lean in is so smooth

View attachment 47894

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't do track-style riding, pretty sure I don't do too much leaning in parking lots either, so I think I should be OK.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the feeling of new tires. Went from the stock dunlop to bt023's a year ago. Almost got the pilot road 2 but went with the bridgestones as it was cheaper and reviews were similar between the 2. Im happy with the 023 so far. Put on a little over 6000 miles since, and there is a lot of tread still. The ride is soo much better!

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I love the feeling of new tires. Went from the stock dunlop to bt023's a year ago. Almost got the pilot road 2 but went with the bridgestones as it was cheaper and reviews were similar between the 2. Im happy with the 023 so far. Put on a little over 6000 miles since, and there is a lot of tread still. The ride is soo much better!

Last week I replaced my BT 023's with PR 2's and see almost no difference yet. Only have a little over 200 mile on them right now so it's still early.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I replaced my BT 023's with PR 2's and see almost no difference yet. Only have a little over 200 mile on them right now so it's still early.

a little off topic but i have the pr3 and im at the last mm of useable tread in the center i got about 12k miles so id expect an Easy 8-10k on pr2'3's
i was going to buy the 2's but the 3's were a few pennies more

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I just replaced my PR2's with Pilot Power 3's. So much better, I mean lean in is so much smoother, side grip is better, still feels solid on flat ground, hard acceleration out of corners is better. If they can get me 6-8,000 miles out of them I think they are the best tire for both commuting and having fun.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a new PR2 front tyre fitted yesterday and I'm a happy bunny :rockon:

I changed from a PR3 due to slight deformation when it was worn (which meant I changed it before the tyre was truely worn). It's hard to explain but the PR3 had small "scallops" where the thin tread pattern met the harder rubber compound (in the middle), which created a strange feeling especially during slower manoeuvres (I wrote about it in this thread). It's probably due to my "style" of riding.

Before this tyre I had 2 sets of PR2's (without any problems) and loved them, and I could ride them down to the wear marks and still felt confident on them.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a new PR2 front tyre fitted yesterday and I'm a happy bunny :rockon:

I changed from a PR3 due to slight deformation when it was worn (which meant I changed it before the tyre was truely worn). It's hard to explain but the PR3 had small "scallops" where the thin tread pattern met the harder rubber compound (in the middle), which created a strange feeling especially during slower manoeuvres (I wrote about it in this thread). It's probably due to my "style" of riding.

Before this tyre I had 2 sets of PR2's (without any problems) and loved them, and I could ride them down to the wear marks and still felt confident on them.

My hubby had that same scallop/feather pattern on his Battleaxes. He's super happy with the Michelins so far (only a few hundred kms on them, but they feel NICE).