Mini Air Compressor

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was searching the net a few days ago and found this Slime compressor at Walmart for $5.00. I felt the price was right so I ordered it and picked it up a couple of hours later. Brought it home and searched my spare parts bin and found a extra battery tender cable and spliced it together. It works good except the led light on the bottom of the unit doesn't work, which I didn't find out untill after I had it spliced together. All in all I'm satisified with how it came out.

Doc

Sorry about where it came up, It has been over a year since I posted a thread. Old people and technology.

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
That's really cool and some good thinking too. Won't need to go searching for a power source out on the road. A friend I ride with went the opposite direction and installed a A/C adapter to the controls of his FZ1 so he could charge his devices. Your idea sounds less complicated.:thumbup:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I used that yesterday - i can vouch, it actually works. I don't know how well it will hold up but its good for at least one use, that much I can assure you.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I was searching the net a few days ago and found this Slime compressor at Walmart for $5.00.

I’ m not sure I’ve seen that model before, but that’s a heck of a price. Slime makes a decent product. I carry the Slime Power Sport Inflator that gets used quite a bit airing up after off-road riding. It’s rugged and has been dependable. Plus I carry a tire plug kit which came in handy when I picked up a nail a while back. On the FZ6, I wired it for use directly off the battery as you did and have the connector under the seat.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the same one for over a year with regular use. It's not the fastest or the quietest, but does a damn good job.