Modular flip up helmets: Caberg Tourmax vs HJC IS-Max 2

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I had done some research on these two flip up modular helmets and would like to check with you guys which is the best. Caberg tourmax has a 5 Star Sharp rating but ECE approved whereas the HJC IS-Max 2 is 4 Star Sharp rating and DOT approved. I'm looking at Tourmax but didn't catch any locals here wearing it or I assumed there's nothing wrong with the helmet as I know a friend's friends were quite happy of owning one. I went down to the local HJC distributor yesterday and was impressed with the quality build as well. Plus they are having discounts 30% for the second helmet. Planning to get for my wife as well and somewhat the Caberg Tourmax is still appealing to me because of the peak and it's a killer weather with glaring sun rays here. Any recommendations?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I currently wear a Tourmax and really like the peak, does a great job of keeping the sun out of your eyes. I have an HJC IS16(I think that is the model) and wore it for quite some time, really like the fit and finish. I would give the nod to the Tourmax if only for the peak. Although the good deal on the HJC makes that probably the better buy. Ah decisions, decisions;)