Most Suitable gas type/brand

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all the greek members (and not)
since this is the greek subforum i would like to ask if you have any personal preference (and why) to a specific brand and/or type of gas that you feed you baby :)

being relatively new (only about 30 refils) i cannot notice a difference between premium 100oct, 98, and 95 oct fuel in terms of power, or even fuel efficiency.

as i have mentioned on another thread, i get about 180km before i get the blinking reserve light on. ( i commute in athens traffic and sygrou avenue- high speeds, and lots of stop-starts) either with ultimate,or racing brand petrol

any thoughts?

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
With the high quality fuels we get here in Europe, I don't think you can do damage to the bike no matter what you chose.
Personally I use 95, and every 4 or 5 tanks, I fill it with something like the Shell V-power 99 or a similar product.
I'm not a chemist so I can't come up with a solid proof as if weather these types of "value-added" fuels makes a difference, - but i somehow gives me peace of mind.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
With the high quality fuels we get here in Europe, I don't think you can do damage to the bike no matter what you chose.
Personally I use 95, and every 4 or 5 tanks, I fill it with something like the Shell V-power 99 or a similar product.
I'm not a chemist so I can't come up with a solid proof as if weather these types of "value-added" fuels makes a difference, - but i somehow gives me peace of mind.

I think that is not a bad idea. Our engine is made for optimal running under 95 and putting 98 in it doesn't make the engine running better because it isn't designed for it, but it is a fact that the higher the octane, the more it gets greased. So putting 98 in it now and then is not bad.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
so it seems that you use low spec gas, and every 5-6 fills you use premium gasoline.. not for the extra octanes, but for the cleaning factors ultra-premium gases offer