Motogp - Assen

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the doctor is back in business at Assen :rockon: . And a reminder for those who follow Motogp - the Race is tomorrow - 27-Jun.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa!! What a race:rockon:!!! Seems like somebody is unhappy that bullying did not work in their favor:Flip:. I felt like the rider got what he deserved and is just trying to cry foul when things did not work out the way he imagined. And maybe someone was playing the strategic card ;)and made use of the situation fully to his advantage:thumbup:. I'd fully support the same, if the dice rolls in your favor, you'd take it, wont you?

To the guys/gals who watched the race - what do you think?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I caught the last few minutes this morning, highlights looked awesome! I set a reminder for later today to watch it.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the missus had a day out with some friends (an old friend was back in town) so I guess I had to look after the kids, but actually the day turned out very differently than I originally thought it would be. It turns out kids (under 15) are free at Assen (as long as you use the grass banks), and I was surprised when my kids said yes when I sarcastically suggested spending a day at the races :cheer:

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

The end of the moto GP was a real nail biter but Rossi's pass near the end happened in the corner we were sitting in :thumbup:

IMG_0081.JPG

After the moto GP there were a couple of other races, but as people were all ready leaving, we took their seats ;-)

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

At the end it was really busy.

IMG_01331.JPG

Luckily we managed to get out of the car park pretty fast (partly due to the fact that we arrived later than most).

I had a great day, I'm so happy that the kids made my day :cheer:

Last edited:

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of form, I'm glad to see some proper racing at the top finally. I didn't see much of Marquez's first season, but his second title felt more like a loss for the other top three or four riders. This season feels more like a loss for Marquez (as opposed to a win for Rossi or Lorenzo). I'd really love to see a full season where Rossi, Lorenzo, Marquez and Pedrosa are all on form and battling it out at every race. Assen looked a lot more like that than any of the previous races this season to me.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Moto3 and Moto2 were great races too, especially this save to cross the line by Niklas Ajo.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_bIaupAeSE[/ame]

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa!! What a race:rockon:!!! Seems like somebody is unhappy that bullying did not work in their favor:Flip:. I felt like the rider got what he deserved and is just trying to cry foul when things did not work out the way he imagined. And maybe someone was playing the strategic card ;)and made use of the situation fully to his advantage:thumbup:. I'd fully support the same, if the dice rolls in your favor, you'd take it, wont you?

To the guys/gals who watched the race - what do you think?

I completely agree! Finally, Marquez is getting his due. And his overzealousness isn't paying off for him. Do you think he'll learn a lesson? Probably not. Too young. Wisdom and Experience wins again (Can you tell I am huge VR46 fan?!?!?!?) :cheer:

I loved the race. Rossi was in perfect form. Positions 4-8 kept changing too. I wish the video showed more of that part of the race. I guess I need two different feeds on my MotoGP Video Pass. One with Rossi all the time and one with the best racing going on. Do you think they will comply with my request. heehee Hubby made to get rid of the multi-screen because I always had one of the screens with Rossi's butt shot. I don't know what the problem was....lol

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ajo was the luckiest guy on earth on Saturday, that was the most incredible save I have ever seen, pity he got no points.

Vale has shown he takes crap from nobody, but once again lucky he was upright when he went into the gravel otherwise it would have been curtains.

I hope Rossi is still leading the championship by the time we get to Misano in September!

On a slightly different note, Rossi was at the Goodwood festival of Speed, I love that old yellow colour scheme on the M1 :rockon:

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Official Website - Photo gallery

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ajo was the luckiest guy on earth on Saturday, that was the most incredible save I have ever seen, pity he got no points.

+1 on that!!!

Vale has shown he takes crap from nobody, but once again lucky he was upright when he went into the gravel.

Yeah, the GOAT does not give in so easily. And it is a good thing - to stop the trend of forcing the opponent off their lines at the risk of taking both down. The best thing out of the incident was - he came on top even after being pushed wide, never made a big deal on being pushed and in the end it was the bully who complains as his tactic did not work out.

otherwise it would have been curtains.

Otherwise MM would not be celebrating the victory for sure!! He definitely would have had to relinquish the points/position and I dont think I need to say anything about the number of haters he would have created.

And about the incident itself - it was an exact reversal of fates for Honda and Yamaha - when Colin Edwards on the M1 crashed out and Hayden went on to win the race - almost the same line Rossi took over the gravel.