Motorbeurs 2014 Utrecht 20-23 Feb

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone going to the Motorbeurs in Utrecht this year, 20-23 February? I'm trying to arrange to go on Thursday (20 February), but I"ll have to see if I can organise things.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cant this year. We are very busy at work :'(
Shame you can't make it Frank, good luck with the workload :(

Ill be there on the friday :)
been to the beurs in Assen wich was okay but kinda disappointing...

so hoping Utrecht will be better!!

A big :welcome: to the forum Dennis.
BTW if you want you can introduce yourself here :thumbup:

Dennis121

Reaction score
Visit site
haha yeah i know i should make a intro :p
been reading here for a while now already....

Thanks for the Welcome! :D
will make the post tonight (i think...)

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to make it one of the days, but it depends on work. Should have a better idea by end of this week.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to make it one of the days, but it depends on work. Should have a better idea by end of this week.

Hope you manage to get the time off :thumbup:

We'll be there on the Thursday. :thumbup:

I'll be there on Thursday, I've managed to outsource the kids ;), and my sister will be arriving on Friday for a few days (from the UK) and it's not really her scene :rolleyes:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately the websites English version is hardly worth it, anyway don't forget to look at the map to get an idea where you want to be, click on it to zoom in (BTW a paper version is usually handed out by the entrance).

Is anyone else going?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to order your tickets on line today, it's only a couple of euro's saving, but you don't have to queue up to buy your tickets. When the show starts then you can't buy online tickets anymore.
Have fun guys, maybe I'll see you tomorrow :thumbup:

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I could make it Thursday, but it turns out I have some lectures on Thursday so I need to go back up to the wild north. I may well try to make it on Friday. I'm keen to go, especially as I ended up not going to the one in Groningen.

I'm keen to go and have a look at what my former employer has on it's stand this year!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I could make it Thursday, but it turns out I have some lectures on Thursday so I need to go back up to the wild north. I may well try to make it on Friday. I'm keen to go, especially as I ended up not going to the one in Groningen.

I'm keen to go and have a look at what my former employer has on it's stand this year!

Shame about the lectures, but hope you get time to go and take a look.

So who is your previous employer?

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Starts with a T. Based about 40 miles from Birmingham. Makes iconic motorcycles like the Bonneville and the Tiger. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Heading to Motorbeurs tomorrow afternoon with some friends.

What's the info from those who went yesterday or today? How was it?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heading to Motorbeurs tomorrow afternoon with some friends.

What's the info from those who went yesterday or today? How was it?

Had a great time. Pick up the guide at the entrance, I liked looking at the new bikes and its worth watching the stunts outside. Lots of dealers clothing etc. I took some pics but haven't posted them yet :spank:
well it was pretty busy yesterday as it was my missus's birthday.
I also went to a basecamp presentation and learned a few tricks, but it was in Dutch.
If you're going on the bike it's free parking and free coffee as well (run by the Knmv).The parking area is looked after by volunteers from the knmv, don't loose your ticket, or you'll have problems getting your bike back. bike parking is at the front (opposite the "hogecatherine" shopping centre).
If you're going by train then follow the signs to "Jaarbeurs" it's pretty close to the station (5 mins walk).
Have fun:thumbup:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I had a great time at the motorbeurs, since then I've been pretty busy with family stuff, with my sister visiting and the kids being on holiday. Anyway they had a lot of great stuff (as usual) there were a lot of great custom bikes like these cruisers

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

and these cafe racers.

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

There were also the new bikes, of course and I got to sit on a couple of bikes, among others the MT09, which I personally didn't like, I found the seat too narrow, giving more of a trialbike feel.

IMG_0026.JPG

I found the new vstrom looking more like a street bike than an allroad (more to my liking).

IMG_0009.JPG

But I really liked the new VFR800 .

IMG_0029.JPG

But i thought that the Z1000 looked a bit too transformer like.

IMG_0040.JPG

There were a lot of electric bikes this year, here's the Brammo empulse:

IMG_0030.JPG

And the Zero, police edition:

IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I liked this pics as these 2 women were discussing what they could fit in the vanity case on the back of the Tiger :rolleyes:

IMG_0021.JPG

Here is the actual R1 which went around the world, I couldn't help but think of Lone and his adventures on his R1 :rockon::

IMG_0105.JPG

Here's his route:

IMG_0110.JPG

And here's his website.

Of course they had some stuntin' there was a duo who could do great wheelies and power slides.

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

later in the afternoon I went to a presentation by mr gps (a well known gps expert in holland) giving tips on planning routes with basecamp (Garmin). There was a sort of class room set up in one corner, I learned quite a lot of stuff I didn't know.
In the evening there was a presentation by mr Boersma explaining some of the tricks for the program tyre, but unfortunately I didn't stay around much longer as it was my wifes birthday so I wanted to have a bit of an evening together.

Unfortunately the ride home was wet and windy, so nothing new there.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That Vstrom (I agree, nice bike) is fitted with the same top case that I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like a nice case :thumbup:, but I was curious can you put a helmet in it? The reason I ask is that I have a large yamaha/Givi top case but it's rounded which means I can store 2 helmets.

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I can store 2 helmets side by side with no problem. There's a tiny bit of room to spare because it's square rather than round. (52 litres total).

(Update). On closer inspection, that would appear to be a 46 litre case, mine is its bigger sibling. (Can't be fitted as a side case, unlike the 38/46ltr offerings).

Last edited: