Motorcycle loosing power

Nilamk095

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I hope you had a great week.

I own a 2004 Yamaha fz6n, from a couple of months ago my bike started loosing power when it gets hot. I suspected it is a problem with the spark plugs so got them replaced, ecu works fine and I recently got a Major service done on the bike but the problem still remains.
Did anyone of you had faced a similar problem or your help in finding this issue will be much appreciated.
Cheers !
Nick

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and I’m sorry to hear about the bike. Can you describe how it looses power? Does it run rough when it looses power? Is the engine increasing rpm, but the power is not getting to the back wheel? Does the engine response poorly to throttle inputs?

Nilamk095

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and I’m sorry to hear about the bike. Can you describe how it looses power? Does it run rough when it looses power? Is the engine increasing rpm, but the power is not getting to the back wheel? Does the engine response poorly to throttle inputs?

Hey Gary,
Appreciate you reply.

“By loosing power” I meant to say that the Engine makes weird noises above 4000 RPM when running, when I twist the throttle there is a delayed response from my bike and when I stop at a red light sometimes the idle is so low that the engine shuts down. I am aiming its not the TPS because if it TPS this issue must be from the start. I am suspecting it is to do with the temperature sensor ?

Last edited: