Motorcycle Roads!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so first off here is a link to a great site for motorcycle roads. Riders post up on which roads are good and which to avoid.

MotorcycleRoads.US

Feel free to post up your own favorites here and pictures as well if you have them. Be sure to give state and rough location. (North, south, east, mid, etc.)

-bryan

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, nice site, I posted a little route on there a year or so ago, they did get back to me fairly quick with questions they had about the route I posted.:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just discovered this site via a book, and see there's already a stickie for it. Great site!

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for trip ideas today and found another site, Openroadjourney, similar to the one posted above. Its not split up by section of your state like Motorcycleroads.us but it does seem like a nice site.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
For the UK try

The Best Rides | The Best Rides
They have County by County best routes and they have a tour app where you tell it the area and how long a tour you want to ride and it sets up some routes for you

Have to print out routes or set them up on your satnav yourself though

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of sites I use for planning routes in Holland, Germany and Belgium, some even have a few routes in the UK:

Routeyou (I firstly selected English (language) but after opening my link my language had been selected to Dutch again, I don't know if this is linked to the language of your computer but you can select your language in the top right)

Select search and view, click on the motorbike icon (or the link at the top of the screen) and then browse per region. If you click on the region it will zoom in. Try to zoom in to show the most routes. If you point to the motorbike on the map it will show you the route and if you click on it it will zoom in on it.
A couple of the more professional routes you have to pay for, but you can zoom in on the route and try to copy it in Tyre or mapsource.
You can also upload routes.

GPSTracks NL

This ones a bit trickier as it's in Dutch. If you select Auto & Motorroutes you can select a country. On that country you have little dots. If you click on the dots you see a name of a route (sometimes this can be more than one), if you click on this name you can then choose to see the route in Google maps, google earth or to download the route

This site is good for routes in Germany:

GPS-Tour info

Select motorcycles as catagory and zoom in on map.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to just look through the road atlas and find roads I have not ridden yet as it's more fun to ride them without knowing much about the road. When I am a long way (thousand miles or so) from home I may post up for road suggestions from the local riders, they always know the best routes.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I just tried submitting a road, and got an error message. I emailed the webmaster. It's a pretty cool site, a little out of date for some of the roads near me (road condition, etc).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like to just look through the road atlas and find roads I have not ridden yet as it's more fun to ride them without knowing much about the road. When I am a long way (thousand miles or so) from home I may post up for road suggestions from the local riders, they always know the best routes.

I do the samething by looking at the road atlas, allows you to create your own route and itinerary with a bit of the unexpected.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I like discovering new roads not too far from home but if I'm going for any length of time I prefer not to leave anything to chance.
I put this route (when I went to the UK in 2011) together with info/suggestions from local riders :thumbup:

I do the samething by looking at the road atlas, allows you to create your own route and itinerary with a bit of the unexpected.

Recently I've been looking at routes around the Vosges, where I'm going in the summer, somebody suggested I use the michelin route planner, as this gives more (local) detail than mapsource (basecamp) or google maps (in France anyway) great tip :thumbup: