Motorcyclegear.com gift certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I returned some defective boots I bought from motorcyclegear and expected to get a new pair back. While I waited I bought a cheap pair locally. Rather than sending me boots they just sent me a gift certificate. I can use it in the future, but would like to get a guitar pedal or two right now.

SO....

If you're already planning on buying something from them let me know. It's a $90.00 gift certificate. I'm not selling it at a lose. You send $90.00 to my paypal account and I'll give you the certificate code.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
I returned some defective boots I bought from motorcyclegear and expected to get a new pair back. While I waited I bought a cheap pair locally. Rather than sending me boots they just sent me a gift certificate. I can use it in the future, but would like to get a guitar pedal or two right now.

SO....

If you're already planning on buying something from them let me know. It's a $90.00 gift certificate. I'm not selling it at a lose. You send $90.00 to my paypal account and I'll give you the certificate code.

Not to be rude, but I find this completely irrelevant to everything and everyone as there is ZERO benefit for anyone in this transaction. Sorry

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be rude, but I find this completely irrelevant to everything and everyone as there is ZERO benefit for anyone in this transaction. Sorry

There is 100% benefit in this transaction! He wants the cash instead of a certificate. If someone is going to buy something from the website anyway, they can help a member out and just give him cash for the certificate code. This is a community forum, so I am sure there are some people who would be willing to help him out. If this were NOT a community based forum where people didn't share their spills, send their stock parts for free for fix-ups, etc., I would see your point...

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can use it in the future, but would like to get a guitar pedal or two right now.

OK, not to thread jack, but what are looking at...I just received my RP355 and am loving it! Steep learning curve for me. Going to sell my POD Xt next.

Back to regularly scheduled thread...

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org

i don't think it's rude. think of me as the guy at the drink machine. i have a 5 but the machine will only take 1's. you walk by and i say, "you got change for a 5?" usually in this circumstance the one being asked doesn't say, "there is ZERO benefit for anyone in this transaction. now if you give me your 5 and i give you 4 one's then we have a deal."

as i said in my first post
If you're already planning on buying something from them let me know.
just looking to see if someone can help me out. if not, no biggie. i'll keep it 'til it's time to get a new helmet in the next year.

thanks for the ZERO interest. :D

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
OK, not to thread jack, but what are looking at...I just received my RP355 and am loving it! Steep learning curve for me. Going to sell my POD Xt next.

Back to regularly scheduled thread...

yeah dude, i'm way too dumb for one of those things. actually, for most of my life i've been a guitar... cord... amp sorta fella. i pic the amp for the room and use my volume pot to go between clean and dirty.

but i think someone has injected me with a virus because now i seem a bit obsessed. i picked up a delay... just "won" a mrx phase 90 on ebay... and tomorrow i'm picking up a boss cs-3. there are a few pedals i'd like to play around with. maybe a tremolo and a few flavors of dirt, etc., etc. i think i'm going to have to find a 12 step program if this continues. :eek:

ordnance3466

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to have to agree with MDFB42 on this one.

Normally if someone puts something out there like hey I have a code for a discount, but just want the cash there has to be a bit of give and take.

I understand that it would be helping you out for someone to just give you cash for the code but it seems a bit cheapish to offer the code with no benifit to anyone else when you are the one who wishes to gain.

And for the comment about this being a community, indeed....look at what you said and put it in reverse order. Logically, would you not be helping out someone else in the community by offering the code at $80 or even $85 cash? That way you get rid of the code and get cash....and it would be a small loss to you financially, but a win in the fact that you would get the cash in exchange.

Just my opinion.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
so what you're saying is you'd like my paypal address? ;)

dude, if you don't like it walk on by. pretty simple. :D it's not like i have to pay my utilities and am in need of this money right now. i've been sitting on this gift certificate for about 2-3 months already with the plans to put it towards a helmet in the future. just right now i'd like to spend the money on a pedal or two and figured i'd see if someone is placing an order and would like to swap cash for cash.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dean's a great guy, honest guy. I can vouch for him gladly.

If I could use the certificate, I'd help ya out.

I am sure someone else will Dean.

BTW, nice to see ya back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
OP is a good guy and part of our great FZ family, he's not asking for anything outrageous. If I were gainfully employed and purchasing for my fz I'd jump on this but until then I just want to show support for Dean. If you want to complain about what you think the value of something should be try craigslist, they have plenty of room to whine. :thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the "Pedal Conundrum" your in deep now!

Of course it sounds like you have a good grasp on what we all come back to eventually, the sound is in your fingers..:thumbup:

I'll echo Karen, glad your back!

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW. sorry for saying anything. I was not trying to say anything about his integrity as a person, I was just merely stating what I thought about the 'deal'. Because being a community forum as everyone keeps stressing, normally someone is trying to help others by taking a small hit (especially if you just want the cash for other disposable items and not needed money for utlities as you said). I previously sold a set of grips for a slight loss on here because they sent me the wrong ones that I didn't want and the hassle of shipping them back wasn't worth it. So after I posted it on here and sold them cheaper than I bought them, after the partial reimbursement loss and then shipping cost, ya I lost a buck or 2. But I put them on here instead of making 5 bucks on eBay so I could give them to someone I know would appreciate the discount.

Once again sorry for saying anything from stating something I saw no benefit in for anyone.

ordnance3466

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW. sorry for saying anything. I was not trying to say anything about his integrity as a person, I was just merely stating what I thought about the 'deal'. Because being a community forum as everyone keeps stressing, normally someone is trying to help others by taking a small hit (especially if you just want the cash for other disposable items and not needed money for utlities as you said). I previously sold a set of grips for a slight loss on here because they sent me the wrong ones that I didn't want and the hassle of shipping them back wasn't worth it. So after I posted it on here and sold them cheaper than I bought them, after the partial reimbursement loss and then shipping cost, ya I lost a buck or 2. But I put them on here instead of making 5 bucks on eBay so I could give them to someone I know would appreciate the discount.

Once again sorry for saying anything from stating something I saw no benefit in for anyone.

Exactly...whoaaa there guys...call back the dogs. The only point we are making is the majority of the time someone makes a post in the classifieds it will benifit the buyer and the seller. Thats all.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
thanks for the bump guys :)

i will say that there is a point to be made to where i posted it. forgive me for being away a while. didn't even think about the trade section. it would have fit there better. if someone can move this to there i'd have no problems with that.

btw, in the future if you see something like that... sending a nice little pm is a more courteous way to say something rather than trying to call someone out. as far as i'm concerned, you guys have said your peace... people replied... you clarified... issue is over. if you need to say anything else to me about this please feel free to do so in a pm. that is unless you want to do an even swap with me ;)

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
it just so happens that I am about to make an order, I'll take you up on that if you've still got it. and I won't even throw a fit about it not being beneficial... :D
I'll send a pm

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Moved the thread to the Trade Section as per the OP's request. BTW, Dean will be taking a little bit of a loss just through the Paypal transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.