My $170 Slipon stew

D

Dave.TX

Those slipon cans you have, are they just fart cannons that guys put on their 1989 Honda Civics to coordinate with the red 'R' sticker? Interested to know where you got 'em.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
What is different from the 06' headers and the 08'? Also who makes those slipons?
Check the post right above yours, and the link in the first post. The answer is there.

What cans are those? I like those better than any other aftermarkets.
Checkout the link in the first post. the answer is there.

Those slipon cans you have, are they just fart cannons that guys put on their 1989 Honda Civics to coordinate with the red 'R' sticker? Interested to know where you got 'em.

They are made just like motorcycle cans. They have a perferated inner baffle with fiberglass packing, and removable dB insert. Not sure what a fart cannon is :D

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
That's only for the FZ6R. It doesn't even do anything for those bikes either. It just makes it "look" like you have an exhaust, when really its just a tip for the stocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakester122

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure you'd have to use a different header, say the one that comes with the FZ6R which is designed for that type of exhaust. Or make your own.

I was thinking I might. Or at the least modify the current one on my 08. Although I was thinking about the 06 headers that are being use on this thread. Still waiting to see what issues he has with installing them before I go buy everything.

Blakester122

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't go that far into the plans. It was kinda hinged on other ideas first. I did think about it, but didn't give it anymore thought. Not until I figure out the headers first.

Probably should make a new thread for this though provoking idea. Don't want to highjack this thread. :D

Blakester122

Reaction score
Visit site
Check the post right above yours, and the link in the first post. The answer is there.

Checkout the link in the first post. the answer is there.

They are made just like motorcycle cans. They have a perforated inner baffle with fiberglass packing, and removable dB insert. Not sure what a fart cannon is :D

Phil,

I went there and there is also no reference to where they were purchased. Other than the Ebay reference. I don't know maybe I missed something.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I didn't find the name for the mufflers either. Unless the mufflers were scorpions and the rest of the parts were just whatever?

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Phil,

I went there and there is also no reference to where they were purchased. Other than the Ebay reference. I don't know maybe I missed something.

Yeah I didn't find the name for the mufflers either. Unless the mufflers were scorpions and the rest of the parts were just whatever?

I'm sorry guys, my appologies. Not sure what happened to the link. Anyway click HERE

Scroll down the page, He has them priced single and as a set of 2, in red or blue carbon.

Last edited:

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple pix showing more of the bike. I still have no audio, but It's definitely an improvement over stock.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
awesome job man, i do have a few questions, whats total length of the cans from inlet to outlet, ebay listing i saw said 16in i think i read 10 in your post, another question, not trying to nitpick, but at the back end of your cat elim u replaced the stock u pipe with another u pipe, why not make it a y pipe so the exhaust flows better and u have a more even tone, or does it not matter? just seems weird to me when my bikes cold and i can see exhaust coming out of one pipe but not the other

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
awesome job man, i do have a few questions, whats total length of the cans from inlet to outlet, ebay listing i saw said 16in i think i read 10 in your post,

Thanx, :D I tinker around with the exhausts on my bikes quite a bit, never satisfied, something can always be better!!...,,, it's kinda a hobby within a hobby for me.

The Can, or bulged portion where the fiberglass packing goes is about 10". I don't remember what the total length was but the ebay add is probably right.

another question, not trying to nitpick, but at the back end of your cat elim u replaced the stock u pipe with another u pipe, why not make it a y pipe so the exhaust flows better and u have a more even tone, or does it not matter? just seems weird to me when my bikes cold and i can see exhaust coming out of one pipe but not the other

The de-cat pipe that I made was more of an L shape that comes up from the header. The polished stainless pipe that splits into two outlets was part of the Scorpian hardware kit and I didn't want to redo it, If I were making that pipe from scratch, I would have done a Y pipe, as you mentioned, it would have better flow.;)

When I have time, the first thing I'm going to modify is try to get the cans tucked up under the seat a little more. I think I can trim some off the inlet length and rework the size-adapter that I used and get at least 1" or 2" decrease.

Last edited:

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah like you i have an 07 fz6 i was thinking of getting a cat elim pipe made and the changing the the u splitter/outlet to a y outlet to go with the m4 cf exhaust i have, i dont get why not put a y pipe on it stock instead of the way it is, did u leave in your o2 sensor that goes in before the cat/cat elim?
also referring to the photos of the 07+ and 06- look to be the exact same minus the 2 forward cats, the poster was talking about modifying it to fit, it wont just bolt in and hook up to our cat?, i understand the r6 is different but the 06 and older fz6 looks identical, what modding/adapting would be needed?

Last edited: