airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't see the pic...:confused:

But good choice going with the FZ1 bars. My wrists have been thanking me since I installed them six months ago! Honestly don't know what Yamaha was thinking with the FZ6 bars. Purely unnatural wrist position.

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Having only had my Fz6 for a week now, what do the Fz1 bars do for you that the stockers don't? Just curious as I'm always looking to improve comfort.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
the stock ones make you feel like you are in a medieval torture machine LOL

Nah they ent that bad but they angle at a very un-natural position as stated above

When i can bring myself to replace my heated grips to fit on FZ1 bars i will buy some

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Stock bars tilt your wrists at an unnatural ergonomically unfriendly angle
(read: the stock bars suck!!)

FZ1 bar feels very nice like someone actually tested them and approved the design

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Having only had my Fz6 for a week now, what do the Fz1 bars do for you that the stockers don't? Just curious as I'm always looking to improve comfort.

The FZ1 bars will improve the wrist comfort with a better angle, but they have no rise, so it will put you in a more aggressive leaning-forward riding position.

The FZ6R bars have the same better angle as the FZ1 bars, but with the same rise as your stock FZ6 bars, so the forward lean doesn't really change.

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry here is the image
It feels much better on the wrist. Also that slight angle that they have they give you more stability and control on corners

20130418111710.jpg

Reaction score
Visit site
The downfall with the FZ1 bar is how the brake reservoir sits on a crazy angle now... Looks horrible, imo :spank:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ditched my FZ1 bars on my FZ6. It's not a supersport and I don't want to hump the gas tank like I'm riding one. They're on ebay, if anyone wants to screw with them.

Personally, leaning over on my wrists is more annoying than the stocker bars. Then again, I've had 3 shoulder surgeries and am looking at a fourth so I can't really claim to be a good example.

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the most km i do on the bike is having fun on 50km up and 50km down a twisting mountain, so this sportier position fits my purpose.

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ditched my FZ1 bars on my FZ6. It's not a supersport and I don't want to hump the gas tank like I'm riding one. They're on ebay, if anyone wants to screw with them.

Personally, leaning over on my wrists is more annoying than the stocker bars. Then again, I've had 3 shoulder surgeries and am looking at a fourth so I can't really claim to be a good example.

Back to the stock bars, or something else?

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site

I just put on the FZ1 bars and I too am feeling like I am not really liking them. Maybe it is because I am now focused on how it 'should' feel that I am not liking the way it is.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have installed fz1 bars about 3-5 months ago, I rose another fz last weekend with stock bars If I had to describe stock I'd say I felt like a praying mantis lol

With the fz1 bars it just feels right maybe I'm bias due to enjoying them so much I commute 100 miles a day 18k miles this year and I enjoyed it more with fz1 bars :)

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i went the other way round. i installed xjr bars, had to drill some holes for the swithces to fit, and the brake lines were at a stretch since the bars have more rise than the stockers. the bars are an inch or so wider than the stockers and you have to be careful to angle them well for your comfort and to make sure the bars dont hit the tank or mirrors at full lock. the bike felt very light at the sterring as less weight was being transfered forward, and cornering was more nimble but less sure footed. i also sat too upright, i like upright riding positions but this seemed too much, so i got the fz6r bars. they are very nice and perfect for the bike, no drilling, no fear of the bar ends touching the tank, and everything fits nicely.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Try the fz6r bars, I switched from fz1 bars and like them. I might switch back to try them again tho.