Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Modding parts usually sell faster alone, so is the stock bike. Harder to find somebody who will buy a customized bike.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it much easier to sell it whole Karen..

Besides ALL the labor to tear down(pull engine, large involved items), shipping (boxing up specifically), can be a major PIA. E-bay, Pay Pal fee's, all add up..

Even if you need to discount it a little bit, there's guys buying bikes (on this forum) from across the country (fly and ride!) and your still in summer yet(season!)

I would just give it a real good clean, wax, lube, post lots of good pic's,Photobucket as their nice and large (and show the bad), someone will snag it up..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
are you buying another or going two up with Mike? I know as a commuter I'll always need two wheels but my Kez, if she had a bike might only get out 10 times a year.

I guess it comes down to how much $ value you think the bike owes you. and the market $ for a stock version. If was selling the wasp, it would be market value and bargain upi for my mods if I could. but the mods were for me so if I lose on them thats my lookout. If someone really likes what I have they will pay a little more. Then the other thing to factor in is how sellable are your extras, .
and how much time do you want to spend to recoup the $. do you or Mike want to spend the time going back to stock, assuming you have all the bits.

A very vexing question......good luck whichever way it goes

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
You will always get more $$ if you sell the extra bits off the bike but it's more work so it's really up to you as to how much work you want to put into the sale.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I think there's some confusion on what you mean by part out.

If you mean it in the literal sense of selling the bike in pieces, that sounds like a pain. However, if you mean return to stock and sell aftermarket parts separately, you'll almost always make more money that way.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+5 ^^^

Same issue here....

Selling AS IS - what would you pay for this? Post your bike too!

I have no desire to take this apart returning it to stock trim. It rides and perfroms as it should so if someone isn't willing to make a fair offer, I keep it!

Considering what 30% of the crowd mods them to taste taking years to complete, well, here you go. Bike is done ready to go. If you want to pay another $600 to put exhaust on it and another $1000 to fix the suspension, well - you should buy it as is!!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I mean I think the hardest thing about pricing a bike higher because of modifications is that, at least in our bikes case, it brings the bike up into a different price bracket. The FZ6 is generally a budget bike, but if you ask $1,000 over the market value you start to get into Street Triple R territory or even clean super-sport territory. I'd say most people who buy the FZ6 are looking for a dependable, comfortable, but somewhat sporty bike and a good price. Once the price starts rising and you scare those guys off, well then your competing with bikes that are nicer from the factory than our bikes.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
are you buying another or going two up with Mike? I know as a commuter I'll always need two wheels but my Kez, if she had a bike might only get out 10 times a year.

I guess it comes down to how much $ value you think the bike owes you. and the market $ for a stock version. If was selling the wasp, it would be market value and bargain upi for my mods if I could. but the mods were for me so if I lose on them thats my lookout. If someone really likes what I have they will pay a little more. Then the other thing to factor in is how sellable are your extras, .
and how much time do you want to spend to recoup the $. do you or Mike want to spend the time going back to stock, assuming you have all the bits.

A very vexing question......good luck whichever way it goes

It's a relucant sale Ade :(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think there's some confusion on what you mean by part out.

If you mean it in the literal sense of selling the bike in pieces, that sounds like a pain. However, if you mean return to stock and sell aftermarket parts separately, you'll almost always make more money that way.

Sorry, I mean sell all my modded parts separately then sell my bike stock.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps offer the bike in both stock form for X $'s and with mod's for extra $'s.

It'd take an extra day to swap out but with a deposit, the new owner can wait a day if they want a stock bike..