Need Help on Streetfighter Conversion

ReeceGehrs11

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and welcome all.

I just picked up a 2005 Fz6. I want to get rid of the front fairing and put a headlight on it. Can i use the universal ebay headlights? They have a cool small fairing in different colors, and they are like 30 bucks. If not, how do i remove my faring, and what headlight do i use? I really want a smoked headlight with a white or blue bulb.

Thanks

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can use anything you like, you just may need to adapt it for use on the FZ. My FZ has dual 4" headlights and some brackets sourced from Speedmotoco.

Think about how everything will work together before you start ordering parts. It will save you time, money & frustration.

The fairing is easily removed in just a few minutes.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and welcome all.

I just picked up a 2005 Fz6. I want to get rid of the front fairing and put a headlight on it. Can i use the universal ebay headlights? They have a cool small fairing in different colors, and they are like 30 bucks. If not, how do i remove my faring, and what headlight do i use? I really want a smoked headlight with a white or blue bulb.

Thanks
:welcome: to the forum! A few things to consider are the type of bulbs and reflector the headlamp assembly will have. This will equate to how much forward light you're projecting and where which is very important at night. Also the US version of the FZ6 has different headlight switching. Since the FZ6 does not have a standard H4 bulb it does not have the proper switching if you're using the standard H4 bulb. If you are using H4 type lamps you will need to modify the circuit so that their low beam in the H4 bulb turns off when the high beam becomes active so that the bulb does not overheat.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Robert_Simpkins

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got an O5, if any of you fellas are interested in getting rid of your fairings that you take off, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk