Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak Magnetic Tank Bag (SSC-110) Review

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some more "free" time so I wanted to go ahead and do a write up on my tank bag. As mentioned in the heading, it is the Nelson-Rigg SSC-110 Magnetic Tank Bag.

It can be purchased here:
http://www.forsythmoto.com/eshopprod_cat_4128-19188-28313_product_496755_keyword_Nelson-Rigg.NELSON-RIGG_SILVER_STREAK_MAGN.htm

I have put about 1000 miles on this tank bag, which included two day trips and nice afternoon outing.

Overall:

A great bag, it does not get in my way. I thought that it might, but honestly I never it notice it. It has a headphone cable opening in the lower right side of that bag that is very handy. With the intercom system on the bike, I am able to just plug in my iPod though the bag and just leave it on shuffle. The only cord I have to mess with now is patch cord for the headsets.

The pockets on the sides are large enough to carry a wallet, cell phone, some keys and things that are need quickly. At least this is what I put in there. In the other side, I have been carrying my Go-Pro camera and extensions.

Inside the main compartment there is the usual stuff that is in all the silver streak bags. A cargo net with Velcro, sunglasses holder and some elastic rings for tire gauges, chap stick, etc.

The main cargo area is large enough to hold my Canon 40D along with a couple shirts, extra pair of gloves, jacket liner and suction cup mount for the Go-Pro. (That's what I have had in it so far)

There is a clear map compartment that Velcro’s and snaps onto the top. This will hold a 8.5 by 11 piece of paper, slightly cut down on the edges. I have been making my own tank maps to put in it, and it was worked great so far.

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

There are five, STRONG, magnets that hold this bag on. One in each of the flanges, then the fifth is in the center. This bag does not move once it has found some metal to stick to!

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

The last one is trying to depict the view with the bag on. Not sure that the angle is quite right, but you get the idea. It only takes a quick glance down to see where you are at or where you need to head.

The bag fits the shape of the tank well. There are no large gaps where the bag is not sitting on the tank. It is tall enough that I can lay on it if need be.

This is a great bag to compliment any other bag. Personally I have been riding with it as well as my AXIO tail bag. I can now carry my rain gear when I ride as well as my camera and have some extra room.

Highly recommended!

-bryan

Last edited:

Luiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Great review Thank you! If you don't mind me asking how much did you get it for?

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys and gals

Yesterday arrived at home our new Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak Magnetic Tank Bag (SSC-110)

And regarding the review, We couldn't be more agree with Bryan, this tank bag is perfect for the fz.

Last night after unpacking it I made the storage capacity test and perfectly fitted: mine and bike's documents, camera in its corresponding bag (panasonic lumix dmc-fz8), shoulder straps, rain cover, a can of motul chain lube, a slime aire compressor, cell phone, keys, swiss army multipurpose knife and a couple of pens.

Though I don't really need it for my conmuting since I have the givi e370 topcase, I used it this morning coming work to carry both my girl's and mine lunches, also the girl wanted to see it as soon as possible, it was a shared-adquisition :D, so the perfect excuse to use it :sinister:.

We rode for just a little while at 180km/h and the little Nelson was pretty strong and didn't move at all, those magnets are very good.

Let me share the pictures I took this morning before leaving for work.

p1050891d.jpg

p1050896.jpg

p1050895.jpg

p1050893.jpg

p1050894z.jpg

p1050892.jpg

So in summary we really really recommend this tank bag to anyone that needs no huge capacity:

- very well made
- pretty good looking
- very practical
- as you can see from Bryan and my pictures fits the fz perfectly
- doesn't interfere with your view of the instruments, I'm just 1.75 mts and I almost even don't notice is there on the tank.

Bryan....Thanks a lot man for creating this thread that made us go for the Nelson Rigg :thumbup:

Cheers to all from Colombia
Ride safe and enjoy it!

Last edited:

Steve C.

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to bmccrary and muchissimas gracias a Spock for these posts!

I've joined the site because of you guys!

Happy riding!