New bike!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you may or may not know I recently sold my FZ6 and bought an FZ1. I have not had time to post any photos as I have been busy riding her as much as possible before I have to put her away for the season. Not to detract from the 6 but I love this bike in every way more than my old one. From the power to the suspension to the ergo's. I already feel more confident and comfortable on the 1 than I ever really did on the 6. The only negatives for me are of course the gas mileage but I can deal with that for the extra fun factor and it does not have as much low end grunt as I would like so I think I will drop a tooth in the front and see how that feels. I bought her totally stock so I have also been busy getting her set up the way I like her. For me this about the perfect bike and made riding fun again!:cheer: Here are a couple of pics.GEDC0389.jpgGEDC0388.jpg

Not the best but it's all I have at this point.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah....it brings a tear to my eye.....it looks just like my ole FZ1. What a great bike.

So did you join us on the FZ1 site yet? It's a small but very friendly group there as well (like here :) )

FZ1 Forum Community

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah....it brings a tear to my eye.....it looks just like my ole FZ1. What a great bike.

So did you join us on the FZ1 site yet? It's a small but very friendly group there as well (like here )

I did indeed register for both FZ1 forums but have yet to post. Both have been superhelpful so far.

Doesn't that engine have 5 valves per cylinder?

Correct 20 valves, although some sites incorrectly list it as 16 valves.

I'd love to own one, I just can't get over how heavy those things are.

It's only heavy if you drop it!Blah. You'll shave quite a bit of weight just by getting rid of the stock exhaust and also going with a fender eliminator. You'd be surprised at how light the bike actually feels. With the 6 I always felt like I was muscling it into a lean whereas with the 1 it seems to fall right into the lean, excellent turn in!