New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay folks... We're setting up for the 15th of Aug. That is one month away. We'd like to stay in and around the Brattleboro, VT area. I'm looking for a volunteer to coordinate getting people directed to a place or places close together for this ride.

Thus, please post your final intentions here, will you be there or not?

I have a ride I ripped off the FZ1 site I now frequent. Please let me know what your thoughts are... It's a long trip so it would be a very early start. Gas stops will be determined by the guy with the crappiest fuel mileage. I can get 140 miles out of a tank safely.

This will be a controlled ride with a leader and sweeper and no hooligans allowed. Breakouts from the pack will be asked to not finish the trip with the group and go their own way.

Typically a ride like this puts the experienced and faster riders in the front with a leader to control the pace and who has radio contact with the sweeper. The less experienced or slower riders are in the back and monitored by the sweeper. Before the ride, a series of hand signals will be communicated. Usually the lead pack might break away a bit from the slower riders but a good leader always checks in with the sweeper and ALWAYS stops at an intersection to wait for the group before making a direction change. At some points, the group can stop and some of the faster and experienced riders may make a couple "spirited" runs through a set of twisties while others may want a break and a stretch.

Myself and any others on this trip are not responsible for your safety. Proper riding technique, spacing in the group and stagger while riding are of the utmost importance. Proceed from stops as if you are alone with regards for your own safety. Never assume it is safe to proceed because the person in front of you has pulled away. When riding in the pack, the travel lane for a car is two lanes for the bikes with proper stagger and spacing. If the rider in front of you is riding the left (toward road center) tire groove, you must remain in the right (shoulder side) tire groove. If they swap because the group ahead has changed, please swap only after checking the proximity of the person immediately behind you. Use one foot or the other to point out road hazards for the rider(s) behind you.

This will be a very large group with some first-time group riders. Please watch out for the bike to the front and rear of you! A group this large can spread out very far. Avoid large gaps in the group, please keep proper spacing without falling behind. Do not play catch-up with hard acceleration, use smooth controlled increases in speed and catch up at a reasonable pace. Watch ahead for hand signals.

A good read for those of you just gaining experience is "The Pace" I HIGHLY recommend this as an almost mandatory read before taking your chances on the street as well as your first few group rides.

Hope we can have a big turnout and a 100% safe ride!

Here's the trip as it looks... We can cut some of the north out if this is too much for people.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 19698 View attachment 19699 View attachment 19700

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So we don't quote the pics and stuff above, who is coming?

1. FZ1inNH (Eric)
2. Mrs FZ1inNH (Michele)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If we are going to stay at the Inn Mount Snow Bed & Breakfast, Southern Vermont, Lodging, Kitzhof Inn then we should start booking now. Rob and Keira, would you like to share a double room with us? I'll book it if you are a 100% yes.

People, they have bigger rooms with a bunch of twin beds, bunks, etc.... It can get really cheap for a group of 4 to 6 to share.

Thanks!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
If we are going to stay at the Inn Mount Snow Bed & Breakfast, Southern Vermont, Lodging, Kitzhof Inn then we should start booking now. Rob and Keira, would you like to share a double room with us? I'll book it if you are a 100% yes.

People, they have bigger rooms with a bunch of twin beds, bunks, etc.... It can get really cheap for a group of 4 to 6 to share.

Thanks!!

I think this is our best bet. It's about 20 miles from the start point and seems motorcycle friendly. I'll be booking a room for Friday and Sat here so if anyone want to join me then do so.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is our best bet. It's about 20 miles from the start point and seems motorcycle friendly. I'll be booking a room for Friday and Sat here so if anyone want to join me then do so.

Excellent! Just booked room 10 as my first choice, 16 as my second for Aug 14th and 15th. :D

Party at the Kitzhof!

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to sit this one out......I'll be at my summer camp at Lake Ossipee (NH) that weekend, which is on the opposite side of the state, it would be 120 miles (2.5 hours) just to get to ludlow VT.

Sounds like a great ride. I would love to catch up with the NE bunch, but I'll have to catch you guys/gals another time.;)

Enjoy!:cheer:

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys I have given my CC info for a room here on the 14th and the 15th. I haven't yet got a confirmation, but I'm sure it will come tomorrow. How about we call this the offical meeting place of the 2009 NH meet?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Anthony booked and I did as well. It's the official place to meet but you don't have to stay there. This place is actually closer to the planned route than Brattleboro. As soon as I have the GPS map ready, I'll attach it to the OP.

Thanks Anthony!

And Bill!?!? I'm sorry you cannot make this ride. I was looking forward to meeting you! The closest point we are to you in the ride is about 65 miles away but it's ALL slow rolling for you to get to us. :( We can plan another ride to meet with you though! :D

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Anthony booked and I did as well. It's the official place to meet but you don't have to stay there. This place is actually closer to the planned route than Brattleboro. As soon as I have the GPS map ready, I'll attach it to the OP.

Thanks Anthony!

And Bill!?!? I'm sorry you cannot make this ride. I was looking forward to meeting you! The closest point we are to you in the ride is about 65 miles away but it's ALL slow rolling for you to get to us. :( We can plan another ride to meet with you though! :D

I guess I should have been creative. I booked 1 and 2 as my room.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on being there - just trying to see if I can get anyone to go with me. What time do you plan on leaving for the ride on Saturday morning?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Given the length of this ride, we'd like to get an 8am start. I may have to shorten this a bit though. I don't think we want to be out there for 10 hours and returning well after dark. I have to map it a bit differently.

Glad to see you coming Cheryl! How's the arm?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like a good ride- VT has some great roads. The arm is better but I still can't use it much.....:( Of course now the weather is nice too! I am sure I will be back up and riding by the meet though :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So people, this is it? 4 bikes, 5 riders? Come on folks... sign up, book a room soon!

Who else is coming???

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
1. FZ1inNH (Eric)
2. Mrs FZ1inNH (Michele)
3. ant_mb (anthony)
4. Mrs ant_mb (kellina)
5. bcityroller (Scott)

I've got my reservation request in (room 11 or 22). They're both doubles so if someone wants to split I'm game for that. With the cancellation policy for the inn we should make this a rain or shine event.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I gave them a call this morning to make sure we were on the same page with the rate. It's 202.40 for the 2 nights and that includes breakfast both mornings. She also said that only 2 rooms were booked, so one of you guys must not be.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I gave them a call this morning to make sure we were on the same page with the rate. It's 202.40 for the 2 nights and that includes breakfast both mornings. She also said that only 2 rooms were booked, so one of you guys must not be.

I got my reservation confirmation today - same rate and everything but they called after lunch so that must mean that Eric heard today too - if not I'd call them. He did say they have two groups planning to be there that weekend.