"New" FZ6 looking for front fairings and odd and ends

Torq_Shep

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up an 05 FZ6 that will replace my current daily (1985 SP600).20180811_162343.jpg

I am going for fuel economy and general commuting stuff so I am not too worried about aesthetics and such. I will even consider buying damaged fairings.

Anyway, the parts that appear to be missing is the front fairing, inner front fairings, and lower front fairings (the ones that attach to the front fairing). Additionally, I am in need of handlebars, drivers side peg, start switch, and engine kill switch. Start switch is super finicky and the engine kill switch doesn't work at all. I would consider 07+ parts but I need to read up on the swap some.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! Have you thought about just going naked! I know in some states it illegal :rolleyes: but you could do a single or dual bucket type headlamp assembly. You then wouldn't need the plastic bits or fairing stay.

Torq_Shep

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! Have you thought about just going naked! I know in some states it illegal :rolleyes: but you could do a single or dual bucket type headlamp assembly. You then wouldn't need the plastic bits or fairing stay.

I have thought about and am considering it! However, I am curious how the comfort and fuel economy are affected by being fairing less.

jesse_sanders

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up an 05 FZ6 that will replace my current daily (1985 SP600).View attachment 69336

I am going for fuel economy and general commuting stuff so I am not too worried about aesthetics and such. I will even consider buying damaged fairings.

Anyway, the parts that appear to be missing is the front fairing, inner front fairings, and lower front fairings (the ones that attach to the front fairing). Additionally, I am in need of handlebars, drivers side peg, start switch, and engine kill switch. Start switch is super finicky and the engine kill switch doesn't work at all. I would consider 07+ parts but I need to read up on the swap some.
I have some OEM bars I took off when I put fz1 bars on. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Torq_Shep

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some OEM bars I took off when I put fz1 bars on. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not sure if my PMs are going through as they are not showing up in my sent folder... I am interested. If you want to try PM'ing me first that might work.