new rubber

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys but this is my first new rubber( what a loser, i hear muttered) i am excited, new tyres(could have bought 12 30 packs of beer) 45 kms up through chain of ponds and am not totally excited yet more shot scared of coming off. Never done recomended speed through there before today, how boring.

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got a michellin Pilot Road 2 on the front on THursday after having one on the back (after a piece of **** stuck an knife in the stock Dumblop) for about 5000kms. It's awesome to have a match again, forgot how well the bike handles, only ridden it home from shop but feels great. They gave me the warning about scrubbing them in but it's so hard to be careful when they feel this good.

Goin for a big ride up the East Coast tomorrow to get rid of the shine.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once they're all scrubbed in you'll wonder why you waited so long to get rid of the OEM bricks...lol. Take it easy on the new rubber though.

If it's not horrible out tomorrow I'd be happy to meet up with you somewhere for a nice scrub in cruise? Can show you how to get out to the edges in half an hour...lol. (Involves a lot of looking like a weirdo and a bit of cheating...lol)

Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a awesome price. Nice offer mike but it is raining cause you said you wanted to go for a ride(good on you) at least i got 1 run up chain of ponds yesterday.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a awesome price. Nice offer mike but it is raining cause you said you wanted to go for a ride(good on you) at least i got 1 run up chain of ponds yesterday.

I've scrubbed in most of my tires in the rain...lol...don't let that stop you...lol
:thumbup::D

smidge

Reaction score
www.mightycarmods.com
i got the pilot road C2 for $500 fitted, chain all nicely cleaned and lubed up too which saved me doing it...

very happy with them, been off the bike for the 3 weeks can't wait to get back on in the morning!