new Yamaha Test Ride

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
A riding buddy of mine has a 2015 Yamaha R1M (#22 out of 500 in the world). This is my friend that has the Gamma 2 stroke you were all drooling over awhile back. This summer he offered to let me ride it. I chickened out. He wanted to ride my Street Triple R.
After I got home that day I was kicking myself. What an idiot I was. Giving up that opportunity. I told myself if he offered again, I'd do it and not let my fear get in my way.

Well, yesterday we went for a ride. After lunch he asked if I wanted to ride it. What did I say? Heck yeah!!!! I rode it from Carson City up Spooner Summit to Lake Tahoe. We rode the East Shore to Incline Village. Then we headed up and over Mt. Rose Highway to Reno. It was a blast!!! The suspension is so smooth. I didn't get any feedback from the bike when hitting bumps. It was amazing. I thought my Street Triple R was smooth. This bike was as smooth as butter. The power band doesn't really kick in until 7K rpm. Hold on at that point. A couple times I thought I was going to fall off the bike. heehee I got her to triple digits twice. I wouldn't have known it if I didn't see it on the display. Now my hubby is worried I am going to want one. The closest bike I've ridden that was close to the same sitting stance was my son's SV650. It still isn't as aggresive a racing stance as this. I can see how this position makes it easier to corner.

He loved my triple. He'd never ridden a triple before. He really liked the motor. He couldn't believe the torque and smooth power band throughout.

Here's a pic of me on the R1M
2015-10-31 14.24.54.jpg

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
My son called me while I was riding the R1M. He just started talking to me then he said "wait, Mom, are you riding?" I said "yep, Tom's R1M". He said cool & I answered his question. He came by for a free meal that evening. He said his friend he was with was pretty impressed his mom was riding an R1M. heehee