Head light socket
Wires to the headlight black/green/yellow
Relay
Fuse its all good
Now the relay socket has 4 wires
Does Yellow/black stripe goes into ECU?
Yellow/black stripe from Ecu socket doesnt have continuity to relay socket
also i cant seem to find red/yellow stripe where it goes

Red/Yellow wire brings power from the fuse to both the relay coil and the relay switch. The Yellow/Black wire runs from the headlight relay plug to the 26 pin plug on the ECU, and provides ground to the relay coil, closing the relay when the bike starts and therefore closing the relay switch and turning on the low beam. The Green wire runs directly form the relay plug directly to the headlight plug, and provides voltage to the low beam bulb.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Red/Yellow wire brings power from the fuse to both the relay coil and the relay switch. The Yellow/Black wire runs from the headlight relay plug to the 26 pin plug on the ECU, and provides ground to the relay coil, closing the relay when the bike starts and therefore closing the relay switch and turning on the low beam. The Green wire runs directly form the relay plug directly to the headlight plug, and provides voltage to the low beam bulb.
Red/yellow wire should have a constant 12v supply am i right?
Yellow/black wire is definitely the problem it doesn't have continuity from ecu to relay socket,

Thank you!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yellow/black wire is definitely the problem it doesn't have continuity from ecu to relay socket,

Thank you!

The Red / Yellow should have power when the key is turned on. This brings power TO the relay, but not THROUGH the relay to the headlight. When the bile starts, the Yellow / Black wire goes to ground, which energizes the relay and allows power to go THROUGH relay to the headlight over the GREEN wire.

Make sure that BOTH red / Yellow wires have power with the switch on.

Not having continuity on the Yellow / Black wire from the relay socket to the ECU plug doesn't sound good.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you!
You must detach the ECU plug to do the continuity test. When you say the yellow with black tracer wire has no continuity do you mean you're using the ohm setting on your tester and it shows open circuit between the related ECU pin and the relay? When you turn the key to on position you should see some voltage at the yellow with black tracer wire. When you start the engine that voltage should drop to zero. You must detach the ECU plug to do the continuity test.
If you see the voltage go to zero on the yellow with black tracer wire you should see voltage on the green wire the goes to the headlight. If not, the relay has likely failed.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You must detach the ECU plug to do the continuity test. When you say the yellow with black tracer wire has no continuity do you mean you're using the ohm setting on your tester and it shows open circuit between the related ECU pin and the relay? When you turn the key to on position you should see some voltage at the yellow with black tracer wire. When you start the engine that voltage should drop to zero. You must detach the ECU plug to do the continuity test.
If you see the voltage go to zero on the yellow with black tracer wire you should see voltage on the green wire the goes to the headlight. If not, the relay has likely failed.
Yes i disconnected the ecu yellow/black stripe has no conitnuity it shows OL
Im using sa buzzer multimeter to check for continuity
I manually tested the relay activated the trigger with 12v on the two pins, its clicking check for continuity its all good,

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup definitely cut wire, someone must have put on and off switch on this
Good job hunting it down! Very likely the ECU was not activating the headlight or someone not knowing the ECU controls the headlight after the engine is running was trouble shooting the circuit and modified it. Have you tried reconnecting and testing?

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job hunting it down! Very likely the ECU was not activating the headlight or someone not knowing the ECU controls the headlight after the engine is running was trouble shooting the circuit and modified it. Have you tried reconnecting and testing?
Im not able to test it today, i cant start the engine, the tank is out because its still in the process of painting, i havent tried putting it in diag mode,
Ive also found why my neutral light is not turning on, green wire is also cut. The loom is showing its age, im planning to replace it with a good one
Thank you!