Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and Keira? Did Rob ride with the leaders and leave you behind or ride with you at the back? ;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dropped back away from the leaders when i couldn't see the back runners in the straights anymore.... I was a good Hubby...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob.... you're a slacker! ;) :justkidding:

I apologize for breaking away like that. Knowing there was no other turns back to Lincoln, well, I hit the twisties with a passion and let the throttle decide the pace.

In retrospect, I should have gathered the masses and explained the tail of the run would have been two groups, those that wanted to push the envelope and those that would not. Rookie mistake for my first lead in a group ride. :don'tknow:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This will be a controlled ride with a leader and sweeper and no hooligans allowed. Breakouts from the pack will be asked to not finish the trip with the group and go their own way.

Rob.... you're a slacker! ;) :justkidding:

I apologize for breaking away like that. Knowing there was no other turns back to Lincoln, well, I hit the twisties with a passion and let the throttle decide the pace.

In retrospect, I should have gathered the masses and explained the tail of the run would have been two groups, those that wanted to push the envelope and those that would not. Rookie mistake for my first lead in a group ride. :don'tknow:

LOL! So did you finish the trip alone?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
:noworries:
From my perspective (somewhere near the back for that matter) there were still four of us within eye sight of each other so I wasn't feeling alone in the dark or anything. Besides I don't think I've been on a ride where there wasn't some break away group for a portion of it - in general I was more surprised that we were able to keep all 15 bikes together for most of the ride.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL! So did you finish the trip alone?

Almost... Technically, the ride was over before we hit the Kancamagus for the ride back to the resort, thus I did finish the tour with everyone intact. This leg was a repeat of where we started and I didn't really consider it part of the tour. My wife will beg to differ though! :eek: :( :rolleyes: :spank:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost... Technically, the ride was over before we hit the Kancamagus for the ride back to the resort, thus I did finish the tour with everyone intact. This leg was a repeat of where we started and I didn't really consider it part of the tour. My wife will beg to differ though! :eek: :( :rolleyes: :spank:

thats not much better, that means you just ditched your wife at night and in the middle of nowhere for no reason whatsoever.... :spank:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must have really been negligent too. I didn't even realize they were that far back. In fact, when we stopped after the hairpin I had a bad feeling about what was going on in there because it took them a while to exit. Mea culpa!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She got over it... Once she got a shower and a beer, all was good! :D It was my fault. I'm the male and I'm always the blame. I accept this fact daily. ;)

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I missed all the ending fun.. oh well I got it out my system on the way home:D

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
HAHHA!! I was more just concerned that I was leading the "slower" group, as I don't do well with injuries, get a little bit of night-blindness, and kinda lose it in times of stress.....so, me being "in charge" of newer riders in the middle of the night through moose-laden terrain that I am not familiar with really scared the poo out of me.

I can make a pie chart if it helps illustrate ;)

Thank you to rob for staying back with us after the first incident and to rob and mpb for waiting up the first time. It's good to have a faster rider or two with the "slower" or "less experienced" group so that if something does happent he rest can be notified in a timely fashion.

Oh well, it is in the past, we were all fine and the flowing beer later that night helped :) Lessons learned by all.