Not loud enough!!

adamyorkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a Fz6 Fazer S2 but can't believe how quiet it is, looking at some cans but want (UK road legal'ish) aftermarket end cans anyone recommend what they have and whether it has seriously added to the volume?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of Leo Vince's (ordered on ebay from italy). They are pretty loud, they seem to have gotten louder since I bought them too. With the baffles removed you will definitely be noticed (but don't rely on them). They are road legal and I've been through a couple of MOTs with them.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpions NEVER need re-packing, you may want to keep that in mind.

AND come with a lifetime warranty to original owner. :thumbup:

Leo quality is very good and they sound fantastic, but it would be wise to repack them every 12-15k miles.

When pipes get louder, it's a sign that some or much of the packing material has burned away.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have thought about repacking, but it's not too bothersome just yet. I guess I fitted them about 10-12k miles ago

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I have thought about repacking, but it's not too bothersome just yet. I guess I fitted them about 10-12k miles ago

Are they carbon? I wouldn't worry too much if they were stainless / Ti, but carbon.. I'd be concerned about the heat doing the carbon in.

As you probably know, my carbon pipe exploded after 12k miles. Granted it was a cheap Delkevic, but better safe than sorry :thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My 2004 will be 10 years old at the end of March and of that time only 3 months or so was on the stock pipes. The Akropovics have a pleasant sound which becomes really loud when I take the bike on holiday from my home at 5,500ft above sea level down to the coast, luckily noisy pipes seem to be the one thing (things) the cops here don't worry about. I haven't noticed them getting louder so repacking is not in my mind.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
The Akropovics have a pleasant sound which becomes really loud when I take the bike on holiday from my home at 5,500ft above sea level down to the coast, luckily noisy pipes seem to be the one thing (things) the cops here don't worry about. I haven't noticed them getting louder so repacking is not in my mind.

My Akrapovics are great. Nice mellow low tone all the time. Never gets annoyingly loud either. Not like some of my friend's R6's with 2Bros or GYT-R exhausts.
And, If I'm out on a long trip or somewhere I dont want to be loud, I slip the quiet cores in and its just as quite as a stock bike!

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've read posting where guys are drilling a 7/8" (22mm) hole in your factory Exhaust.. Would that be a crazy recommendation for a little more sound?

for the record I have not drilled my exhaust.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read posting where guys are drilling a 7/8" (22mm) hole in your factory Exhaust.. Would that be a crazy recommendation for a little more sound?

for the record I have not drilled my exhaust.

I drilled mine at first. I though it sounded ok.. not super throaty or anything like that. Not loud either, pretty quiet actually. But then I ran across a good deal on a set of Akrapovics.. and never looked back.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can honestly say that I really miss the stock quietness, I drilled mine with the thought of upgrading to some louder pipes but in hindsight I prefer the stock sound.

Nelly:thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Although drilling the stock alters it some, to get more sound out, the outlet needs to increase in size. So, if you get serious and wish it be loud and cheap but with lots of elbow grease, debaffle and replace the outlets with 25 to 30mm SS.

Running Two brothers OVAL pipes. I like them! Good fit, a bit loud straight up so running the XP1 tips. >> This is their sound->https://soundcloud.com/fz6-rippedmp3/fz62broxp1tipsrip

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Just make sure you get a bike friendly MOT tester… ;)
MOT-test.jpg

JamJar13

Reaction score
Visit site
Beowulf Performance Products, aftermarket silencers, they are a UK company and their gear is a lot cheaper than most.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

adamyorkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't think Beowulf did FZ6 exhausts, I have a couple of mates with Bandits and they have them on and they do sound amazing but can't find FZ6 ones, even checked their website.

Y

yourebarred

Just looked at them myself, they are def on there. Good to know they have a good rep, will probably go for them when I have saved up

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had one of my baffles out since I took it to my trackday as a precaution. Bike is definitely louder, sounds the same at idle, but it's pretty vicious when you rev it. Scared a car into almost hitting the kerb as I overtook them on the way home tonight. :Flash:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my debaffled Leo's, I tried doing the drill mod on the stock one to get rid of the sewing machine noise but it hardly does anything. If I could do it again I would go full retard with the Twin Brothers.

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I drilled (22mm) (7/8") mine a couple days ago and It sounds OK.. and I mean just OK.
like The Paragon stated "Not loud either, pretty quiet actually"...
I totally agree.. so, don't waste your time.

Now I'm in the market for some-type of aftermarket exhaust. I'm just not crazy about spending $500.00-$800.00 but you have to pay to play!