NYC-ish ride 9/12 Saturday.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Couple of friends are organizing a small ride this weekend, either to Bear Mnt, Palisades toward NJ, or Whiteplains/Yonkers. Will start morning. Anyone in the area free to join or voice an opinion :rockon:.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Other than Bear Mtn, there are 2 other choices - I dont know the area,

Bronx River Parkway - Yonkers to White Plains and back

Taconic to Tappan Zee to Palisades Pkwy South to NJ

(Anthony) I kinda know your preference :) - but what do you think about the other two?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I hate to respond with regrets... i want to go but can't. Nice weather is coming so let's get the gang together for more rides this coming fall. :rockon:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than Bear Mtn, there are 2 other choices - I dont know the area,

Bronx River Parkway - Yonkers to White Plains and back

Taconic to Tappan Zee to Palisades Pkwy South to NJ

(Anthony) I kinda know your preference :) - but what do you think about the other two?

The best part of the Bronx river is past white plains towards the kensico dam and part of rt 22 towards armonk. i'm not sure if they're done with construction north bound on the bronx river tho.

The taconic is farther north from the tappan zee and is pretty much a straight ride to rt 202 bear mtn ;)

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Still hoping to make it. I took some of the crew into Warwick NY last year. Some interesting and fun roads.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
DUE To the Weather - we are making this Very early! 5.30am meeting at 36 Sydney place Brooklyn. Reason being that it'll rain late morning and my friend is visiting from Florida and wants to get a few hours in. I won't txt folks because well... its 11pm and we only decided now. SORRY BUT ALL ARE WELCOME!

Edit: We wont do Bear mtn - but will stay in the Queens/Yonkers area.

Weather - F U!!!

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I visited NYC a week ago as a tourist. I saw a few bikes riding (I have an inner motorcycle radar) around when I was walking, taking taxi's, and UBER. How the heck do you ride in that craziness? I couldn't imagaine.
When I got home, we took a ride in the hills near my house. I understood the saying "wide open spaces". I always took it for granted before. Keep safe my friends riding around the crazy town.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I visited NYC a week ago as a tourist. I saw a few bikes riding (I have an inner motorcycle radar) around when I was walking, taking taxi's, and UBER. How the heck do you ride in that craziness? I couldn't imagaine.
When I got home, we took a ride in the hills near my house. I understood the saying "wide open spaces". I always took it for granted before. Keep safe my friends riding around the crazy town.

I can respond in one word: YES.

it does suck - thats why I love getting a bit out... I envy all the folks who dont have to ride 2 hours away to get some 'open spaces'...

Dkobra

Reaction score
Visit site
I can respond in one word: YES.

it does suck - thats why I love getting a bit out... I envy all the folks who dont have to ride 2 hours away to get some 'open spaces'...

Agreed. Getting outta the city is always a pleasure.

In regards to your proposed rides, i would be more inclined to go for that long island ride. I like that its by the water : ).

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a few cool places to ride in Long Island, particularly along the north shore where there actually some twisty roads although limited. There's captree state park for sunset run and Greenport for a day trip. But mostly guys I do lots of local rides by myself. I am happy to have company really any time if anyone wants to join.

the better riding is up and out of the NYC area. Probably the first ride I do will be up past Pawling NY into Connecticut

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in serious need of a nice ride somewhere out of the city, it just can't be on a Sat thru Monday (or go too late on a Tuesday). I know that probably eliminates most of you but if anyone is going on a ride anytime the rest of the week send me a PM and maybe I'll come :)

I live in LIC in Queens.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Right after you plan it ;) - I miss the NJ/PA Erci stomping grounds as well to be honest. All the stop/go commuting I've been doing probably sapped any skill (questionable already) I might have had...

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When are we doing Bear mountain again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey everyone just saw the thread.... I think im going to set up a bear mtn to west point ride at the end of may before everyone goes away for vacation lol. I found a couple new twisty roads up near bear mtn on my bicycle lol so we dont have to cross the bridge to carmel if you don't want