October Photo Scavenger hunt

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a great idea.
I am going to get my brother into sandals and shorts on my bike. I have chosen him beause he is bloody stupid.
Don`t forget I am in Scandanavia and it is getting bloody cold already.

Steve

lol Its supposed to be cold here too, but we broke the record high set in 1946. 28c!! Beach weather! The parents were showing up to the hockey game in shorts and sandals.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
QUESTION; QUESTION.

Is it the first one to post the pics. OR do we all get to vote on the BEST series of pics. I would personally go for the second option.

Steve

I figured that if someone got ALL the items, they win. If more than one person gets all the items, I was going to put it up for a vote with only the people that got everything eligible to win. Work for you guys?

S

sportrider

personally I think anyone who participates in this event wins, first you get to get out on your bike second it's fun just to scout around for possible photo ops:thumbup:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the weather gods behaved this afternoon, the skies cleared, almost, sun came out and the temperature went to 13°C. The hunt was on...

I figured I might as well get the pet thing out of the way so...

Item 5: here is a picture of my PET rock ...

attachment.php

Good call on the towel thing Steph! Isn't she cute, here's another one of her... She likes to ride biaatch no doubt.

attachment.php

So let's hit the road.

Item 3: here is the funny mailbox, okay maybe not hillarious, but creative no doubt. The dude that lives here I believe sponsors a tractor-pull at his place every year. I guess he really likes his John Deers. :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Okay, this next one is kind of complicated but follow me on this one as I think I was pretty close on getting arrested again. Not sure how many more miles I can use the "sadistic person from Ontario" line. :eek:

Item 9: a picture of someone (namely the photo radar vehicle in background) taking a picture of my bike.

attachment.php

I must have taken a dozen pictures trying to catch his flash because everyone seemed to be speeding down this road. Then he got out of his vehicle and proceeded to put on a flourescent safety vest. Okay...., time to go.

So no one liked my pet picture? Whoever invented the "pet rock" made millions and millions of introverted kids happy.

Item 5: again, this time it's a picture of our new puppy, 5 months old, Sammie, a bison frise-shih tzu cross. I'm thinking we got more $hit than bison, but the wife and kids still love her.

attachment.php

This dog is the only thing getting between me and my sleep. When is it appropriate to 86 the dog?;)

That's all I got today. :thumbup:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOVE the pet rock lol And the puppy is adorable! I have my own Shih-Tzu crossed with Poodle, amazing personality. As for not getting sleep...CRATE THE PUP! We did that from day one, best advice ever.

J

jsteinb95

I like the mailbox Daryl......it's cute!

Did anybody notice what costume Danny's bike was in? Did ANYBODY get it????

S

sportrider

Good job Daryl!!! I haven't given up on the mailbox... yet. one more week out here then I get a whole new town to exploit (I mean explore):D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the weather gods behaved this afternoon, the skies cleared, almost, sun came out and the temperature went to 13°C. The hunt was on...

I figured I might as well get the pet thing out of the way so...

Item 5: here is a picture of my PET rock ...

attachment.php

Good call on the towel thing Steph! Isn't she cute, here's another one of her... She likes to ride biaatch no doubt.

attachment.php

So let's hit the road.

Item 3: here is the funny mailbox, okay maybe not hillarious, but creative no doubt. The dude that lives here I believe sponsors a tractor-pull at his place every year. I guess he really likes his John Deers. :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Okay, this next one is kind of complicated but follow me on this one as I think I was pretty close on getting arrested again. Not sure how many more miles I can use the "sadistic person from Ontario" line. :eek:

Item 9: a picture of someone (namely the photo radar vehicle in background) taking a picture of my bike.

attachment.php

I must have taken a dozen pictures trying to catch his flash because everyone seemed to be speeding down this road. Then he got out of his vehicle and proceeded to put on a flourescent safety vest. Okay...., time to go.

So no one liked my pet picture? Whoever invented the "pet rock" made millions and millions of introverted kids happy.

Item 5: again, this time it's a picture of our new puppy, 5 months old, Sammie, a bison frise-shih tzu cross. I'm thinking we got more $hit than bison, but the wife and kids still love her.

attachment.php

This dog is the only thing getting between me and my sleep. When is it appropriate to 86 the dog?;)

That's all I got today. :thumbup:
Ain't she a beauty [pet rock] lol.

When can we get to see all the entries Steph?
Nelly

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ain't she a beauty [pet rock] lol.

When can we get to see all the entries Steph?
Nelly

What ya see is what ya get...these are all the entries I have so far, just BDs and J & Sportriders. Hoping I get more, they are definitely neat to look at!!! The creativity is surprising me! I didn't expect them to be this funny. I thought they would be a blast to find and photograph, but I am finding that they make me laugh just looking at them and reading the captions

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, where are the rest of you? Once you get one picture, the rest come naturally. It's getting out for the ride and seeing things in a different light. And, it can be a lot of fun. It would be for me if it weren't so freakin' cold out! Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses. :rolleyes:

Item 10: the bike dressed up as the sexy blonde wicked witch. Ooooh, I like ridin' her broom. I can't believe I just said that..:ban:

attachment.php

;)

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured that if someone got ALL the items, they win. If more than one person gets all the items, I was going to put it up for a vote with only the people that got everything eligible to win. Work for you guys?

:thumbup: This sounds the best idea to me.

Biker Dude you have got some great pictures you just need a life to go with them :Flash:

I hope everyone is as keen at this competition as you are.

What camera are you using, it has great colour.?

Steve

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone want to trade old people for a mailbox? I have everything but old people, this task is probably the hardest. I don't have anybody that lives close to me to take a picture with. I was asking random people on the street, I thought a couple of them were going to have heart attacks, the big bad biker image I guess.:eek:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Could someone tell me how to post pictures, I kow how to do the thumbnails but not the big pics? :tard:

If your picture you want to upload is on your computer you will have to upload it to photobucket first, then click the little mountain and sun postcard thingy at the top of the message box. A pop up message will uhh...pop up. Paste in the "direct link" from photobucket, it will show underneath your uploaded picture. I know...about as clear as mud right? Any other questions about my crap explanations, pm me, I'll try and clear it up.

PS, I know I am horrible at explaining things....I'm sorry.:spank:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, So here what i have so far. Still need old people and waiting on a costume.

1. Cop car, a bunch of NJ State Police cars, I had to go into a restricted area to get this. (at least that is what the sign said)
2.Sandals and shorts, had to get my daughter to do this, please nice comments only.
3. Funny mailbox, everyone likes a good fish
4.Gas sign, nothing funny about this subject.
5.Dog on the bike, our dog loves to go for a ride (never on the bike though) you should see him on the ATV's.

Continued in next post.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the rest

6.Old People, I still need to get old people. here is one walking by in my cruiser picture if that counts
7. Statue, this is an almost exact miniature of Lady Liberty
8. Cruisers, this is at Hot Dog Johnny's, there were dozens of cruisers but the only spot I could get was next to a small herd.
9. I had my Daughter take a picture of the bike so I could take one of her, again, please, only nice comments.
10. Halloween Costume, will do this tonight.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
If your picture you want to upload is on your computer you will have to upload it to photobucket first, then click the little mountain and sun postcard thingy at the top of the message box. A pop up message will uhh...pop up. Paste in the \"direct link\" from photobucket, it will show underneath your uploaded picture. I know...about as clear as mud right? Any other questions about my crap explanations, pm me, I'll try and clear it up.

PS, I know I am horrible at explaining things....I'm sorry.:spank:

Thanks, I will give it a try, your directions sound prefect (for a woman, J/K).For now I just did the thumbnails till I can test it out.:justkidding: