Oil filter equivalent

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends,

I've been using Mann oil filter (Mw64) for several years without any issue, it was half price comparing to original and quality looks the same as Oem part.
For the recent next oil change, I ordered the same usual Mann filter as always but this time, seller has sent me a different model (W67) of the same brand that he says, they are equivalent. I checked the catalogue, but they have different sizes.
Shall i put it on or send it back?

Specification comparison are as below.

Attachments

• mann.jpg
    mann.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 23

Jacky

Reaction score
Visit site
The W67 is marginally smaller than the MW64 but has the same thread size. My guess is that it would work OK.
Just make sure the sealing ring seats properly and you have no leaks when you start the engine.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not familiar with that brand, but there’s two common sizes of filters that fit the FZ6 (and many other bikes), one is about half inch longer than the other. I usually buy the longer one if it’s available - with the FZ6 the extra length is not an issue.

For my Fz6 I usually either bought Purolator (because they were a blue that matched my bike) or Bosch (because they were black). I believe Purolator PN’s are 14610 or 14612, and Bosch PN’s are 3323 and 3300.

turbodan

Reaction score
Visit site
I run Honda automotive oil filters on my FZ6. Part number 15400-PLM-A02. These are taller than the stock filter but they still fit, no sticking out. They may be intended for a Honda but they're painted blue so I don't think anyone will notice.