Oil Thread - But UK based

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep I know the whole "what oil do I use" has been flogged to death and there are links to which to use where and why. But reading through them there are a lot of names I don't know and advise from people riding in different conditions.
So my question is to any UK based bikers what oil do you use? If I went into my local Halfords (I'm not adventurous you know) what should I look for and what weights for the coming months?

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it was Silkolene I used last time I did an oil change. But that was based on going to my local Yammie dealer & saying 'What oil do I need?' Suggest you do the same. It might be a quid or two dearer than Halford's from a dealer, but the price of it's gonna make you wince anyway!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate, I really like the idea od useing a fully synth as I do mainly short journeys. Im gona try and get the shell rotella oil for my bike

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Not got to that stage yet ... almost appoaching 3k miles so will probably do a change aswell.. Let us know what you get funky including costs and supplier please ..

Cheers mate :Sport: