Ontario Insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 24810
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24810

Hello all,

I'm looking to get an FZ6 as I am going to sell my Ninja 250 that I learned on. I have my M2(got that in June).

Here is my info:
21yrs old.
Have G license with no accidents or convictions.
Got M2 in June as mentioned above.
Currently insured with Aviva, paying $153 a month ($1836 a year).

I have fire and theft and third party liability for that price. No collision.

Was quoted at $2516 for an FZ6 with the same license. Anyone have a cheaper alternative company?

Thanks

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm looking to get an FZ6 as I am going to sell my Ninja 250 that I learned on. I have my M2(got that in June).

Here is my info:
21yrs old.

Was quoted at $2516 for an FZ6 with the same license. Anyone have a cheaper alternative company?

Thanks

Try TD, I'm at about $1800, but I've been riding since I was 17 (I'm 20). That's full coverage with Meloche Monnex (TD's group rates co.) on a 2007 FZ6, in London.

We don't exactly get the cheapest insurance rates in the world here :D

D

Deleted member 24810

There's no way I'd be riding if it cost me that much. I pay less than $500/year for full coverage on my FZ6.

You are also in the states. Us Canadians don't have as cheap insurance as you do unfortunately.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn i thought i was paying a lot. Im 21, have a not so good driving record, and live near the 5 boroughs of nyc im paying $45/ month for full coverage w an increase in medical coverage.

ts200r

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Here is my info:
21yrs old.

Thanks

Try TD. I'm 400 per year. 33 years old riding since 17.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah TD as everyone else is saying, also having your license for a full year will drop it significantly, im 23 now paying like $1200 a year, this will be three years licensed, it was the same cost for me on my gs500 during my second year licensed, my first year I didn't even ride as they wanted 3-4 grand for the year. We pay the highest in the country here in Ontario, damn "no fault" insurance.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
It varies greatly depending on what your postal code. Insurance is sky-high anywhere around the GTA.

I lived in the Kitchener/London area for a while(im 25, no tickets since I was 17), and I paid 175/month for my 2007 honda civic. The day I moved to Ottawa, my insurance dropped down to 130, ONLY because of the postal code change, absolutely nothing else about it changed, actually.. now that i think about it, I upped my annual mileage 5000km due to driving back home.

On a 2007 fz6, with statefarm, I am getting insured full for 80/month. The only thing Statefarm needs to know is how long you have had your G license, if you have any tickets, as well as the engine displacement of the bike. Now, to be fair, this price is only if I bring my car over to the policy(115 a month, goes down too:)). Without my car on the policy, the bike would be 143, which sounds more normal. Either way, I'm not arguing with 80 bucks a month.. the difference between one way and full coverage was only 9 dollars!

ps.. the thing that blew my mind most was that they dont even care about your motorcycle license..
when calling for the quote I asked "so, ill be getting my m1 and starting insurance at that time.. 2 months later when I get my m2, will it drop at all?" and they said no, it doesnt have anything to do with your 'M' licenses, only your 'G'

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with intact (which bough axa) and paying 300/year (thief, fire only). Also heard good deal done by TD. Worth a look.

Just to let you know, StateFarm is getting purchased by Desjardins.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that.. think their rates will jump?

I'm not sure.. they already provide insurance for everything (house, cars, bikes etc. ), mostly in quebec, partially in ontario. They may be doing this to get a larger market? who knows.. :confused:

Best way to know, call Desjardins and ask them a quote ;)

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure.. they already provide insurance for everything (house, cars, bikes etc. ), mostly in quebec, partially in ontario. They may be doing this to get a larger market? who knows.. :confused:

Best way to know, call Desjardins and ask them a quote ;)

Ah, I mean Statefarm.. I have a quote locked in with them to start this spring.. I'm asking because maybe I should just activate the insurance at the price of 80 a month instead of risking it going up to 120 when they are acquired.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, I mean Statefarm.. I have a quote locked in with them to start this spring.. I'm asking because maybe I should just activate the insurance at the price of 80 a month instead of risking it going up to 120 when they are acquired.

If you've got a locked quote with them, don't worry about it. It may raise the following year, and, by then, you can just shop around (like you should anyway :) )

Andar

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 22 and this is my first street bike and I've got my M.
1800 with TD with full coverage. Difference for me between full and one way is about $50 for me.

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG :eek:

I thought paying £140 a year fully comprehensive was expensive.

Whys it so expensive 'across the pond' ???

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
because all of them are in it to crank up the price ? :confused:

who knows? but it is freaking expensive either way! I do live in a different province, but the prices are roughly the same as ontario.
I'm paying ~300$/year for thief/fire/vandalism, and 550$ for liability and plates.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG :eek:

I thought paying £140 a year fully comprehensive was expensive.

Whys it so expensive 'across the pond' ???

It seems like rates are about 50% higher if you live within 150km of the GTA(toronto).. outside of that the rates are quite normal IMO.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 22 and this is my first street bike and I've got my M.
1800 with TD with full coverage. Difference for me between full and one way is about $50 for me.

Holy crap, I'm 23 only have my M2 (have had it for 3 years mind you) and my premium is half that with TD, you must have some convictions on there or something, being in Toronto can't influence it that much