Ottimoto Revisited

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Over two years ago I installed the Ottimoto rear sets and pointed out a couple of deficiencies that I said I would look at as a winter project.

I put if off for two years and it would have been longer if I hadn’t lost the freakin’ rubber stopper this past summer, P/N: 4GL-27114-00-00, and $10 later. Oh well, that’s what you get for procrastinating. Now that I have a heated garage and outside temps at -18°C being abnormally cold this time of season, working on the fiz is so much more comfortable. It’s the holiday season as well so I took time off work and put this on my to-do list.

To recap what the issue here is, there is this rubber stopper that is attached to the right side of the center stand and comes into contact with the bottom of the stock rear set when the center stand is retracted.

dp_131230_11.jpg

dp_131230_13.jpg

When the Ottimoto rear sets are installed, the stopper has nothing to come into contact with it when it is up.

dp_111104_01.jpg

This causes a few issues which are that the rubber stopper hits the side of the frame and eventually pops off the stand, the stand flops around while riding and it sounds like there’s something loose or ready to fall off below, and the step arm of the center stand on the left side hits the heel guard causing a bit of scuffing. All which is unfavorable in my books.

The solution for me was to make a bumper for the stopper to come into contact with, keeping in mind that the distance set up by the bumper would be the same as the stock rear set would have provided.

dp_131230_12.jpg

Utilizing the rubber button on the back side of the stock rear set attached to the frame, here’s what I came up with using aluminum stock.

dp_131230_14.jpg

dp_131230_15.jpg

dp_131230_16.jpg

And here it is attached with the Ottimoto setback plate installed.

dp_131230_17.jpg

dp_131230_18.jpg

Here is a short video on the process involved for those curious how the whole process starts with an idea to reality. Cheers!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9X3gjpTmvA"]Youtube - Design and CNC - FZ6 Ottimoto Center Stand Stop [/ame]

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a great fix, Daryl:thumbup:
Rearsets are on the wishlist for next year, if I go with those I may hit you up.